My Client is a global manufacturing and electronics company. They are seeking to appoint a Supply Chain Analyst to join the Supply Chain team based in Suffolk, UK.
You will be responsible for helping implement world class processes within the healthcare part of the business.This role sits within the supply chain planning function supporting the planning team on KPI's and day to day activities and engaging in exciting projects and process improvement initiatives.
The healthcare part of the business area helps enable better care to patients with chronic diseases or in life-threatening conditions by providing fast and reliable information that help diagnosis. The site in Suffolk manufactures and delivers worldwide medical devices and consumables used for POC-testing therefore being pivotal to the success of the POC business unit.
What are my responsibilities?
- Develop and run global and local supply chain KPI's and being able to perform root cause analysis as well as successfully conduct meetings and driving the right behaviour within the team;
- Support the supply chain planning team in any day to day planning activity, acting as delegate whenever necessary and having the opportunity to develop process knowledge across the end-to-end supply chain process;
- Drive supply chain projects and process improvement initiatives of different levels of complexity, being able to analyse complex data, work in cross-functional teams and challenge and change the status quo in a collaborative environment;
- Perform ad-hoc demand planning activities by effectively using the available tools and systems as well as communicating with key stakeholders, challenging the variations of past and future demand and seeking to understand their drivers;
- Engage in ad-hoc cross-functional discussions around demand and capacity analysis, providing the necessary data to support that as well as coordinating agreed action plans;
- Support the global allocation process whenever shortages arise, allocating products to customers using the existing tools and promptly communicating with customers on product availability;
- Perform ad-hoc inventory management and analysis at all related facilities by periodically reviewing, challenging the safety stock policies and effectively communicating with the wide company network within POC and supporting the definition of the inventory strategy and distribution model;
- Ensure SAP reflects realistic planning requirements that drive the whole supply chain, finding ways to improve the use of the existing tools in order to streamline planning processes, seeking automation where possible;
- Constantly question current practices seeking to identify process improvement opportunities and implementing process changes with management and Business Excellence support.
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- Supply Chain experience, ideally supply or demand planning related
- Excellent understanding of the MRP/MPS/S&OP process
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills and overall analytics - ability to deal with large amounts of complex data
- Strong communication skills - ability to communicate clearly in both written and verbal forms, influence and engage across global, cross-functional groups
- Ability to work effectively in teams
- Good leadership and influencing skills
- Highly organised and results oriented
- Bias for Action - ability to work with fast pace while retaining strong attention to detail and making decisions
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to drive change and deliver projects, initiatives and process improvements
- Familiar with lean concepts and tools
- Broad knowledge of forecasting, product distribution, inventory control, manufacturing processes
- Customer focused mind-set
- The ideal candidate will have proven experience of working with an ERP system, preferably SAP
- Minimum of bachelor degree, master degree in related field preferred
- Certification of a professional body associated with planning preferred