|Job Title:||Sustainability Performance Consultant|
|Location:||United Arab Emirates,|
|Salary:||UAE Dirhams14000 - UAE Dirhams15000 per month + Negotiable|
|Contact Name:||Kristina Khusseyn|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Allen & York is recruiting to hire a Sustainability Performance Consultant to work for a leading international managed facility management company in the UAE. The role will require required 3-10 days per month travelling.
- Coordinate the audit for hotels and with all the required departments and team members to assess the hotels' sustainability performance as international standards and following the sustainability certification standards and code of conduct and ISO 19011 (guidelines for quality and / or environmental management systems auditing).
- Initiate contact post payment and post introduction by Business Support Executive.
- Organize motivational kick-off meeting to launch the project
- Provide support to the hotel to understand the standards during the pre-audit phase.
- Organize an audit launch meeting with top Management.
- Review the Sustainability Management Plan (Policies, Regulation, targets, Plan) and rate fairly and objectively each criteria versus the proofs of applicability provided or found.
- Organize a site visit of the property to assess the visible aspects of the property with regards to sustainability practices and in particular: Energy & Water saving measures, Waste management, pollution prevention, Health and Safety, communication channels available for customers to engage on sustainability topics, cultural engagement and rate fairly and objectively each criteria versus the proofs of applicability provided or found.
- Meet with all heads of departments on one-to-one meetings assisted (or not) with the champion to review their policies, action plan, understanding of the sustainability practices related to their departments, training practices and sustainability practices in place and rate fairly and objectively each criteria versus the proofs of compliance provided or found.
- Prepare a summary of the positives and areas of development for the Debrief Meeting to be presented at the end of the audit.
- Finalize the audit compliance report and the recommendations report documentations and systems and following the agreed SOPs between company and the certification bodies.
- Facilitate the process of recertification following sustainability certification body.
- The Sustainability Facilitator would support the Waste Management Consultant to develop the systematic approach to each of the audits using the knowledge of certification bodies, OHSAS, HACCP and best practices of Waste Management.
- Coordinate the gap analysis audit and recommendations consultancy with the supervision of the Director of Consultancy and Sustainability Consultant.
- Should lead a SROI (Social Return on Investment) project to assess the returns of sustainability strategies
- Identify new market opportunities for the company to integrate in their business model.
- Master in Environmental Management
- Minimum one year in operations in hotel or Facilities Management
- Good levels of interaction / sustainability audits with a minimum of 10 hotels
- Experience in Sustainability for a Corporate Hotel Chain
- Understanding of Green Buildings / Energy Efficiency solutions.
- Experience with certification process is a must or change management
- Certification OHSAS 18001 registered IRCA is a plus
- Certified Lead Auditor ISO 14001 is a plus
- Experience in the UAE Market and EHSMS is a plus
- Experience with international certification is a plus
This is just one of many jobs that ALLEN & YORK are currently recruiting across the Middle East & North Africa (MENA) region. ALLEN & YORK are the specialist recruiters for the Middle East sustainability sector and actively recruit in the UAE (predominantly Dubai & Abu Dhabi), Qatar, Oman, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt and Morocco. Our international network of clients & candidates mean we have a demonstrable track record in recruiting high caliber professional staff across the world - get in touch to learn more.