Join one of the leading global engineering company, which has a significant present within several different industries - Our client has worked on a vast list of projects successfully completed.
This role involves requirements capture, design, implementation, test, installation and maintenance of SCADA PLCs within control and monitoring systems, predominantly in the Rail sector.
- Technically understanding our customer requirements and then ensuring that a solution is designed and implemented in a methodical manner utilising industry best practices.
- Engineering elements of a project and liaising closely with all members of the design team.
- Deliver assigned activities within agreed timescales and budgeted costs.
- Develop a firm understanding and appreciation of system design, development of system design, safety concepts and associated decision making as applied to applicable industries.
- Application of appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the project life cycle.
- Deliver assigned task in accordance with Company Safety and Quality procedures and all applicable legislative, safety and customer requirements
- Responsible for maintaining and developing their own professional competence.
- Proven experience in PLC design and programming, preferably to the Rail market.
- Sound knowledge of SCADA system architecture and functionality.
- Proven experience in the selection, installation design and deployment of Analogue and Digital CCTV Cameras, including PTZ systems.
- Proven knowledge of Video Management Systems and in particular their configuration.
- Proven knowledge of Digital Video Recorders / RAID servers and their configuration.
- Proven experience in the selection, design and deployment of PA systems, including long line.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and in particular Video and Voice over IP.
- Knowledge of Structured Cabling systems and Fiber Optic LAN systems.
- Experience in testing of CCTV and PA systems.
- Experience of the deployment of these systems within the Rail market preferred.
- Knowledge of Driver Only Operation CCTV systems desirable.
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject preferred.
- Working towards professional status with a relevant institution.
- Experience and knowledge of engineering processes at all stages of the engineering lifecycle.
- Ability to learn new programming languages
- Knowledge of computer program design methods and techniques
- Knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and development tools.
- An understanding of the V model.
THIS ROLE IS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO BE PART OF A LEADING ORGANISATION - DON'T MISS OUT! SEND YOUR CV OR CONTACT US FOR MORE INFORMATION.