Our client is one of Europe's leading Engineering and Environmental Consultancies who are involved in projects all over the world. They are actively expanding their South West Civil Structures Team and are actively looking to recruit a Team Leader - Senior / Principal Structural Engineer (Bridge Design Expert) to lead, develop and grow the Bristol Structures team. You will be leading on structures engineering technical input and projects.
In this role, you will be working as part of a small team within the Transportation business unit reporting to the Structures Technical Director, managing the delivery of highway and civil structure design for highways and transportation schemes.
As the ideal candidate, you will:
- Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Chartered Engineer with membership of a suitable institute
- Working knowledge of Highways England and/or Network Rail design standards for Civil Structures and Bridges.
- Working knowledge of Bridge design standards - Eurocodes for Structural design, and design software packages (Archie, SAM, Lusas, SuperSTRESS).
- Experience of inspection and assessment of highway structures.
- Ability to work closely with engineers from other disciplines and other construction professionals to optimise and develop bespoke, 'value for money' and innovative designs.
- Experience in the management and delivery of Design and Build Contracts working with Contractor.
- Experience in the management and delivery of structures design within large highways projects for Highways England and local authorities.
- Experience in the successful management and delivery of projects in accordance with company systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to lead a small team and work with Clients.
- Previous experience of managing / supervising either a small or medium sized team.
This role could suit either a Principal Engineer experienced in the growth, development and management of a Bridge Design Team or a Senior Engineer, who is technically experienced but now is keen to take their career to the next level and build and manage a team of Engineers with the support of the senior directors.
Our client is offering a competitive salary dependent on the candidates' qualifications and level of experience as well as the following benefits: a non-contributory pension scheme, life assurance cover, staff benefits scheme and two annual professional institution fees paid.
For more information and a confidential chat, please call Lisa Newman.