|Job Title:||Technical Account Manager|
|Location:||UK - England - East Midlands, Nottinghamshire|
|Job Published:||12 months ago|
Technical Account Manager
Our Client is a fast growing medium sized company with offices all over the world. They develop the world's leading analysis software for gearbox engineering, and count all the major car companies as customers. They are at the forefront of engineering in wind turbines.
Technical Account Managers are the primary technical resource for the field sales force, and are responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process. Working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and product advocate, the Technical Account Manager must be able to identify and provide reliable solutions for all technical issues to ensure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process. In addition they must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle, and look after existing customers with the aim to expand and grow the account.
- Maintain expert level of product knowledge and application.
- 1st line customer support
- Articulate technology and product solution positioning to both business and technical users.
- Listen, understand and convey customer requirements.
- Perform technical/product training at targeted accounts.
- Capture customer's software development requests and needs in company approved databases
- Maintain accurate records of existing accounts, contacts and correspondence in company approved databases
- Travel to customer sites to support sales, training services, customer supports, workshop and road shows
- Supporting events and conferences
- Resolve customer issues or difficulties in a manner that is consistent with the company mission, values, and financial objectives.
- Maintain professional business relationships within target accounts.
- Identify customer's needs and sales opportunities to help future growth
• BEng (2:1 or higher) Mechanical engineering or other relevant discipline
• Good team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an understanding of customer needs.
• High drive, self-motivated and ability to deliver results within tight deadlines and with minimum supervision.
• Proven ability to work on own initiative and prioritise workload.
• Good communicator, comfortable in front of customers and able to explain complex technical material (in English)
• Excellent ability and willingness to learn new skills as necessary
• Experience 2-3 years in Engineering particularly in power-train/transmission
• Customer Service or Sales Support experience.
• High level of analytical abilities and strong engineering judgement in developing solutions to engineering problems
In return they offer a competitive salary, company pension, life assurance, income protection, 26 days' holiday, Employee Assistance Programme, early finish on Friday, flexible working, access to salary sacrifice benefits e.g. Cyclescheme, Computer scheme, training and development and free fruit!!