Technical Application Engineer
Our client is a global leader in smart infrastructure solutions in the utilities sector. They are actively seeking an experienced Technical Applications Engineer to join an active and engaging team.
The position to be filled will include managing and maintaining metering technologies, communications systems and energy software. The Technical Application Engineer will provide training/support to other members of the team, and always refer to and implement company policies and regulations.
Job Role & Responsibilities:
- Provide on-site customer start-up of metering technologies and communications systems and software's.
- Become knowledgeable with the maintenance and operation of all company software and metering systems, including test equipment.
- Keep detailed records of customer enquiries through management software.
- Ensure customer Service Legal Requirements are being met by all employees, and handled with in a timely, efficient manner.
- Support the company's efforts in providing resolution diligently to any problem or customer concern.
- Ensure that any customer complaints are identified and communicated according to the company regulations and are reported to the relevant personnel.
- Support the efforts put in by the International team in all aspect of pilots and projects
- Prepare and deliver reports on field results, working in a time conscious manner.
- Support engineering at any stage of its development process, and be confident with design analysis.
- Must have a BSc in Electrical Engineering as a minimum or equivalent qualification
- At least two or more years of field engineering experience
- More than two years of customer service interface experience
- Must be skilled in Microsoft Windows, and/or UNIX based OS (i.e. Linus, Suse, AIX) and be proficient in computer applications such as Word, Excel etc.
- Good organisational and communicational skills
- Must be able to obtain a US Visa
- Can work as an individual or as part of a team confidently, and always self-motivated
- Willing to relocate if necessary - a large majority of the job role will require travel
- Must be able to speak, read, listen and write in intermediate English
- Ability to work in close proximity with High Voltage Equipment
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Toby Condie at Allen & York Ltd on 01202 888986.