ALLEN & YORK are currently working with a leading Regional Waste Management company based in the North West. Our exciting client is highly experienced in the Hazardous Waste industry. Please see below for the Technical Waste Assessor position.
JOB TITLE: Technical Waste Assessor
REPORTS TO: Business Support Manager
DIRECT REPORTS: none.
- To assess all wastes for identification, classification and labelling for both hazardous soils and wastes in order to comply with WM3 regulations and keep the company in compliance.
- To review and assess wastes according to current and future guidance and legislation.
- To ensure accurate assessments of wastes.
- Identification, Classification and labelling of wastes, processing of work from our client's sales force and third parties.
- Maintain a programme of review for soils and wastes according to current and future legislation.
- Ensure compliance with all licences and permits..
- Ensure waste acceptance procedures are compliant.
- Handle incoming telephone calls from clients and potential clients including technical queries.
- Ensure that weekly and monthly reports and other management information is produced accurately and timely.
- Carry out administrative duties in support of the sales function generally including production of statutory paperwork and waste container labels.
- Support Classification Labelling and Packaging tasks from other internal businesses.
- Any other duties reasonably requested and which are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job.
- Represent the Company in a professional manner at all times
- Act with honesty and integrity in all business dealings and adheres to Company Code of Business Conduct.
- Ensure that processes and procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure that a job description for their role is received and fully understood.
- Ensure objectives/goals are set with manager to facilitate performance appraisal.
- Monitor achievement of targets, KPI's and goals and identify training needs.
- Undertake regular training and research to ensure high performance levels are maintained.
- Chemistry degree/HND/HNC or equivalent.
- Experience in waste industry an advantage but not essential as full training will be given.
- Experience in WM3 an advantage.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet constantly changing deadlines and priorities.
- Good computer skills, to be able to work on own initiative, self-motivator and confident in dealing with people.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Knowledge of Identification, Classification and labelling of wastes and waste legislation an advantage.
- Pleasant manner and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Achievement / goal driven
- Verbal and written communication
- Resilience and tenacity
- Stress tolerance
- Hands on approach
Please contact Charles Cocklin on 01202 888 986. We look forward to receiving your application.