Technical Business Area Manager - (Water Management)
A unique opportunity for a Technical Business Area Manager (Water Management) has arisen due to continued strong growth. My client is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability. As the Technical Business Manager you will need to lead and direct the establishment and development of the water technology and solutions business. For the chance to apply and discuss the opportunity please call Barrie Dempster on 01202 888986 ext 280 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Lead and direct the establishment and development of the water technology and solutions business area within the Water and Environment practice. This is a new business stream which will be started to identify and develop opportunities to provide services and products to support the global water sector, through the application of the combined experience and skills of Water and Environment practice. In particular identifying technologies and services used in the Automotive and energy knowledge areas which can be developed and exploited in the water sector.
This will include a high level of technical knowledge and leadership, including assessing markets and business opportunities, and growing a team to implement the business plan.
Once established the Business Area Manager will lead and direct the Business Area performance in terms of the development and delivery of solutions and outcomes, turning my client's technical knowledge and expertise into solutions that enable the delivery of profitable work to achieve the company's business targets. This includes both business development and "work winning" outcomes together with the delivery of programmes of work. Working in a matrix structure and utilising specialist technical and project management resources, ultimately accountable for the key performance indicators for the business area.
- Development of the strategy for the Water Technology and Solutions business area
- Responsible for the recruitment, leadership and management of staff within the Water Technology and Solutions team.
- Member of Water and Environment Practice Senior Leadership Team.
- Ownership of the development, dissemination and application of technical knowledge (including lessons learned) to all projects, providing key governance for the practice.
- Represents my client on technical issues to external organisations e.g. academia, DEFRA, building and enhancing the branding as technical leaders in environmental consultancy.
- Engagement with wider colleagues (including automotive engineering and software) to develop collaborative offerings for clients.
- Own and set the strategy for the Water Technology and Solutions business area in terms of focus on technologies, tools and solutions for clients + people aspects (skills resourcing, performance and capabilities) to deliver successful outcomes.
- Lead and inspire the team to maintain and develop the organisational culture, values and the company reputation to ensure delivery of the vision.
- Accountable for achieving the Key performance indicators for the business area.
- Work as part of the Water & Environment practice senior leadership team in the day to day operation and leadership of the division and contributing to shaping the strategic direction of the practice.
- Accountable for the leadership and management of the technical function; people, processes and tools.
- Accountable for the functional technical quality of the portfolio of projects throughout Water & Environment. Responsible for all aspects of project governance, including review and sign off of team deliverables.
- Water Technology 'knowledge champion', accountable for Water & Environment's specialist intellectual property. Direct the development, and application of knowledge, to optimise the development of technical solutions and intellectual capital that drives business value.
- Direct the maintenance of professional expertise, with ultimate accountability for recruitment, training and development of functional technical resources to ensure functional staff are trained and have the right balance of skills for future technological and business drivers. This will include the graduate recruitment, internal progression/promotion and training placement management.
- Facilitate the flow and sharing of functional specialist knowledge across the business
- Develop and maintain strategic knowledge networks with wider industry/academia. Develop and drive a university engagement programme that supports innovation and recruitment in specialist function.
- Anticipate industry/business trends and match the technical skill mix to suit. Channel technical experts to focus innovation on key opportunities for efficiency & performance improvement.
- Work with the Practice Director and other BAMS to understand future technical needs and direct the development and delivery of discipline resources, balancing project delivery and individual development.
- Actively develop and exploit external networks to seek business development opportunities and understand market opportunities including competitor intelligence
- Drive overall performance of the water technology team to achieve continuous improvement in the value delivered by Water & Environment to its customers.
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark. There is a generous package on offer including, a personal development plan.
I look forward to receiving your application