Our client is one of the UK's leading food solutions business, supplying all major food retailers, wholesalers and foodservice companies with a wide range of quality products.
We are looking to recruit a Technical Co-ordinator at their site in Wednesbury where they manufacturer a variety of sous-vide products servicing an array of major retailers, with approximately 70 product SKU's.
- Timely completion and approval of final product specifications to satisfy customer requirements
- In-depth understanding of the customer requirements and individual retailer web-based specification systems.
- Upload Back of Pack documents onto internal on-line packaging approval system.
- Conduct checks of new packaging to ensure accuracy and compliance against Pack Copy, Codes of Practice and Labelling Legislation
- Frequent interaction with suppliers and customers on technical issues relating to specifications.
- All aspects of new product set up for factory - labels, spec, codes, check weigher etc.
- Provision of product technical approval and traceability information for site external audits and ad hoc enquiries from customers.
- Maintenance of technical libraries - Customer policies, supplier assurance lists etc.
- Internal audits.
- Degree / equivalent in Food Science or related discipline is preferred.
- Previous experience in completing major retailer specifications is essential.
- Good knowledge of labelling requirements.
- Ability to communicate with suppliers and customers maintaining the highest standard of professionalism at all times.
- Good numeracy skills competence in the manipulation of technical data.
- Good time management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines without compromising accuracy and attention to detail is crucial.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook is essential.
As an international organisation, they pride ourselves on creating high quality food and exceed many recognised industry standards. They care about our people and offer an excellent package including:
- Competitive salaries
- Pension and life assurance for all our employees
- Reward Scheme where you can claim hundreds of discounts
- Equipped for life programme including mini health MOT's, cycle to work scheme and more!
We look forward to receiving your application