Technical Director- Air Quality
My client are looking to recruit a experienced air quality professional to join their team and step into a Technical Director role. Exciting opportunity for a Senior/Principal Air quality consultant to progress forward.
You will have excellent opportunities to progress by furthering your technical, staff and business management capabilities and to explore the wider interests of our company.
You will work within the Air Quality team and other disciplines to identify, pursue, win and deliver both large and small consultancy proposals and projects, many of which are multi-disciplinary.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- You will be Implementing a clear and cogent development strategy for the air quality team, within an overall E&I Global Strategy;
- Ensuring maintenance and further development of technical and delivery excellence of the air quality team;
- Establishing and delivering annual income targets for the team;
- Acting as Staff Manager for the senior team members and as overall Team Leader for all staff members, together with identification and implementation of technical and other training needs;
- Liaison with other senior staff and Team Leaders within the Environmental Assessment Business Unit and E&I Global;
- Defining and driving business development in the air quality arena, both in the UK and internationally;
- Identifying and delivering product and service development initiatives to open-up innovative areas of work and beneficial partnerships;
- Minimum upper second degree-level qualification in engineering, science or maths and ideally also a postgraduate qualification in environmental science, technology, engineering or policy. Relevant professional memberships are also essential.
- You will have managed staff and/or a team of individuals and ideally you will have some experience of developing and implementing a strategy to grow a team.
- You will be able to demonstrate a competent background and technical excellence in air quality and environmental consultancy, typically of the order 10-15+ years' experience in the field.
- You will have worked in large multi-disciplinary teams, delivering air quality assessments as part of EIA/DCO projects;
- You will be a known individual with a growing national reputation as a key air quality professional and, preferably, consultancy experience on the international stage;
- Experience of providing expert evidence at Public Inquiries and/or in legal cases is desirable;
- You will have a firm commitment to customer service excellence and a proven track record of project delivery;
- You will also have demonstrable people and team management skills, together with identification and delivery of training and development needs.
I look forward to receiving your application shortly.. Please call Zoe Payne on 01202 888 986 Ext 202 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.