|Job Title:||Technical Director - Bridges & Civil Structures|
|Contact Name:||Lisa Newman|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
As the successful individual, you will have a proven track record of working on complex structures on infrastructure projects in the UK and overseas. You will need to be experienced in advising a variety of clients and able to make a real difference to client outcomes. You will also be expected to provide support, advice and direction to junior staff within the UK team and lead bids within the Highways and Rail Sector as well as other sectors and regions as required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Business Director, you will be a key member of the UK Bridges & Civil Structures Business Unit. You will:
• Act as Project Director on Major Infra Projects and Frameworks, take responsibility for overall delivery and client satisfaction
• Identify high profile, iconic bridge opportunities and turn them into wins
• Assist BD to deliver part of the BU strategy to secure and deliver high profile, complex iconic bridges in the UK and overseas
• To liaise globally with all other regions of the business to pull together the best proposition for clients and projects
• To become recognised as the go to consultant for bridges globally, by clients
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
• Qualifications: Masters Degree, expect to be FICE and or FIStructE
• Recent and significant experience of delivering major bridges with significant spans >100m
• International experience, including UK
• 20+Years relevant experience working on major infra projects with a bridge focus
• Experience of leading Major D&B projects
• Experience of leading multi-regional and multi-disciplinary teams
• Expert in his / her field - as defined by clients
• Well known in the industry
• Confident to lead and present bids to clients at all levels
• Experience of business development, identifying opportunities and turning them into wins
• Experience of working on high profile, iconic bridge structures
• Written technical papers and presented at bridge conferences
Key competencies / Values:
• Technical expert in bridges, hands on experience on major bridge projects in the UK and overseas including cable suspended structures.
• Excellent communication skills, with the confidence and gravitas to lead projects and build strong relations with clients
• Enjoys disseminating knowledge
• Self-starter with the appetite to make the difference
• Tough negotiator
• Excellent network in UK and internationally
• Happy to challenge the norm
This is a really good opportunity with a great organisation who truly believe in further developing their employees and future progression opportunities. My client is offering a competitive salary + package. Location is also flexible for this role and we can consider multiple offices including: London, Surrey area and Birmingham.
If you are keen to learn more and have a confidential chat about this role and my client, please get in contact.
We look forward to hearing from you!