Technical Director - Dams and Reservoirs
Office Location UK - Edinburgh
An interesting position has arisen for an experienced Technical / Associate Director to join our well-established and experienced Dams and Reservoirs team in Edinburgh. The team has a full programme of reservoir safety work from public and private clients on a wide variety of interesting and challenging projects.
Some of the clients include, water companies, contractors, private owners, industry regulators and agencies both in the UK and abroad. Delivering solutions through a team of Engineers qualified under the UK Reservoirs Acts. Services include Supervision and Inspection of reservoirs, and implementation of upgrading works to meet current reservoir safety standards.
You will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the design of reservoir works including 'interest of safety' works.
- Supervision and Inspection of reservoirs if appropriately qualified under the Reservoirs Acts.
- Project management - lead projects using project management systems.
- Preparation of bid proposals.
- Assisting in business development activities for the Dams and Reservoirs team.
- Lead group initiatives with respect to technical development and processes.
- Development of team workload in the UK and overseas.
- Preparation of technical specifications and design reports.
- Ensuring all work is fully compliant with Health and Safety legislation, the CDM Regulations and other applicable codes.
- Undertake project technical/quality reviews and attend design reviews for projects.
- Minimum Requirements
- To be successful in this role we would like to hear from candidates with the following:
- All-Reservoirs Panel Engineer under the Reservoir Act, or Supervising Engineer, with aspirations to join the All-Reservoirs Panel.
- Strong technical experience in dam engineering including some or all of the following: Water management, hydraulics, hydrology, geotechnical engineering and structures.
- Good report writing, communication and teamwork skills.
- Degree educated in Civil or Water Engineering or equivalent.
- Chartered Engineer with ICE, CIWEM or equivalent.
There is a generous salary and benefits package on offer, together with flexible working. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or email email@example.com