|Job Title:||Technical Director - Geotechnical - Rail|
|Location:||UK - England - South East England, London|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
An exciting opportunity to join a leading global multi-disciplinary consultancy and take a lead within the Geotechnical team based in London. You will join a growing team and work predominantly within Utilities, Highways and Rail.
Reporting to the Geoscience Senior Management Team and working closely with the local Team Leader, you will be responsible for; project management, providing technical inputs to projects, client relationship development and assisting in the development of team members to their full potential.
• Project experience at all stages from initial feasibility through to construction supervision and advice.
• Team leader, manager or supervising more junior members of staff.
• To have a professional profile and reputation within the industry at a local level.
• Experienced with preparation of geotechnical aspects of bids and business development.
• Proven experience on large multi-disciplinary projects preferably in the UK.
• Detailed geotechnical design and construction experience including foundations, retaining walls and slope stability assessments.
• Experience in earthworks design, specification and implementation.
• Experience in ground investigation design and implementation.
• Experience in the use of routine geotechnical design programs such as PDISP, WALLAP, REPUTE and SlopeW.
• Good numerical skills and significant experience in the analysis of a wide range of geotechnical problems.
• Demonstrate a high level of knowledge and experience with regards to commercial aspects of projects
• Team player, self-starter and a problem solver with a "Can-do" attitude.
• Provide input into the company strategy and vision, business and marketing plan.
• Lead team to achieve sector/discipline goals and champion an innovative and client focused culture.
• Project management - taking responsibility for resource allocation.
• Managing subcontractors and sub-consultants, quality assurance, health & safety and client feedback and ensuring effective communication.
• Work collaboratively with other design disciplines to ensure overall design integrity.
• Providing both leadership and technical support and advice to project team members.Managing the production of analysis and design and ensuring compliance in the components of the project for which you have responsibility, including drawings, reports, specifications and studies.
• Identifying opportunities and driving implementation of re-engineering strategies to maximise the profitability of design components.
• Facilitate and build effective and enduring client relationships, by consolidating both company and personal credibility in the industry.
• Managing all commercial aspects (contract, invoicing, debt management, client management etc) relating to projects for which you have responsibility.
• Liaising with the Project Director or Manager and the client to keep informed of all developments associated with the project.
• Taking a proactive role in developing team members to their full potential.
• Clear communication and employee engagement.
• Being familiar, compliant and able to undertake duties under the relevant H & S regulations and to promote awareness within the team.
• MEng in Civil Engineering with a Geotechnical bias
• Chartered Civil Engineer (MICE)
• MSc in Geotechnical Engineering or related subject.
We look forward to receiving your application.
For more information please contact Lisa Newman 01202 888 986