Technical Director - Contaminated Land and Remediation
Allen & York are delighted to be continuing our exclusive partnership with a consultancy group that provides a full range of environmental services and has a strong reputation for technical excellence, innovation and quality of work.
The range of services provided includes the assessment and remediation of contaminated sites, decommissioning and demolition management, water resource assessment, environmental, social and health impact assessments (ESHIA) integrated water management, geotechnical engineering, materials processing and management and other related services.
This vacancy is for a Principal Consultant or Technical Director to work on large brownfield restoration projects based in the Leeds office. This is a full time, permanent position and will be part of the Restoration and Decommissioning practice. The successful applicant will work with our clients bringing technical know-how to the successful delivery of projects whilst working closely with our two other main offices in Bristol and London.
Depending on candidate suitability and preferences there is also scope to undertake contaminated sites and water resource work both in the UK and overseas.
Core responsibilities will include the majority of the following:
- Project direction and project management.
- Identifying, pursuing, winning and executing projects.
- Client relationship management.
- Manage/direct/input to our wider remediation portfolio work.
- Line manage, mentor and train junior staff.
- Liaise with and support key clients.
- Ensure high technical quality across the project team.
- Embrace the HSSE culture of a project, both client-facing and internally.
The successfull candidate will hold the following:
- Experience of contaminated land assessment and remediation of large sites in the UK.
- Familiarity and experienced with several forms of contract including NEC3 desirable.
- Gasworks / Manufactured Gas Plant site assessment/remediation experience desirable.
- Business development and client management skills.
- Presenting, analysing and interpreting data.
- Chartered status desirable.
- Ability to build effective working relationships with clients, colleagues and contractors.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to write clear, concise reports and think logically and clearly
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a market leading consultancy group with award winning credentials. We look forward to receving your application