|Job Title:||Technical Director - Marine & Coastal|
|Salary:||£70000 - £80000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Thomas Bullen|
|Job Published:||3 months ago|
I am seeking to recruit a Technical Director to be based in Plymouth or Exeter, to play a key role in an established Marine and Coastal team. The candidate will have specialist knowledge and experience in delivering marine and coastal engineering schemes in the UK and internationally.
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- Relevant Engineering Degree (e.g. MEng Civil Engineering or Coastal Engineering, etc.)
- Post graduate qualifications
- Chartered Engineer Professional status i.e. MICE or FICE
- Extensive experience of marine & coastal engineering design (including coastal modelling).
- Held significant roles in the delivery of civil engineering schemes in the UK and internationally.
- Maintains strong client focus, with an established professional network in the UK.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, with good influencing, motivating and delegation skills.
- Well-developed commercial skills, with a sound knowledge of the industry, a demonstrated ability in sales and business development and a proven record in entrepreneurial behaviour.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills, both internally and externally.
- Use of current industry IT software and tools, including design and analysis software, BIM, cloud based filing and processing.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Business Director you will take a key role in managing and directing the team, providing both leadership and technical guidance to team members, while developing the team to its full potential. You will work closely with the Business Director, Senior Technical Director and other senior leaders to develop and deliver the business strategy, with focus on technical performance, to enable my client to be at the forefront of technical excellence in the water sector.
- Engaging with and utilising fully the Global Excellence Centres (GECs) as key members and resources of your business teams, and as a seamless part of our service offering.
- Coordinating an effective technical review process on a range of marine & coastal engineering design and modelling projects.
- Oversee the delivery of projects on time, meeting both quality and budgetary targets, while striving to exceed client expectations.
- Ensuring the profitable operation of the Business Unit by delivery of the Business Plan and achievement of the agreed financial targets (net income, gross margin, working capital, cash collection).
- Liaising closely with the Business Director and Framework Managers to acquire new business from existing and new clients.
- Delivering effective and efficient bid management in liaison with the Business Director.
- Promoting and market all facets of the company's services during client interfaces and generally.
- Encouraging innovative and entrepreneurial thinking among team members.