Technical Director - Marine & Coastal
ALLEN & YORK'S Environment team have been given an attractive opportunity for a Technical Director - Marine & Coastal, to find a suitable candidate to work for a leading global design and consultancy company, who work around built and natural assets.
The company has been experiencing an increased workload, hence the need for an accomplished and highly qualified individual to join their growing team in the South West. As the Technical Director, you will play a key role in their already established Marine and Coastal team, and have expert knowledge and experience in delivering marine and coastal engineering schemes on an international level.
Responsibilities & Scope of Role:
- Report to the Business Director and take a significant role in managing and directing the team, providing strong leadership and technical skills and guidance.
- Engaging and utilising the Global Excellence Centres (GECs) as key members and resources of your business teams, and as a seamless part of our service offering.
- Managing an efficient technical review process on a range of marine & coastal engineering design/modelling projects.
- Supervise the delivery of projects, on time, on budget and on high quality, always exceeding client expectations.
- Ensuring the profitable operation of the Business Unit by delivery of the Business Plan and achievement of the agreed financial targets (net income, gross margin, working capital, cash collection).
- Working closely with the Business Director and Framework Managers to obtain new business from existing and new potential clients.
- Delivering effective and efficient bid management whilst communication closely with the Business Director.
- Promote and market all aspects of the company's services.
- Encouraging innovative and entrepreneurial thinking among team members.
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- Relevant Engineering Degree (e.g. MEng Civil Engineering or Coastal Engineering, etc.).
- Post graduate degree or equivalent qualifications.
- Chartered Engineer Professional status i.e. MICE or FICE.
- Extensive experience of marine & coastal engineering design (including coastal modelling).
- Held significant roles in the delivery of civil engineering schemes nationally and internationally.
- Must have and maintain a string client focus.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead, with good influencing, motivating and delegation skills.
- Well-developed commercial skills, with a sound knowledge of the industry, a demonstrated ability in sales and business development and a proven record in entrepreneurial behaviour.
- Excellent communication and people skills, and the use of current IT software, such as design/analysis, BIM and cloud based filing and processing.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at Allen & York Ltd on 01202 888986.