Principal Ecologist/Technical Director of Ecology - Birmingham
My client is a well-known international consultancy with one of the UK's largest and most respected ecology teams. The ecology team is responsible for providing specialist ecological advice across a wide variety of projects across the UK, Europe and the Middle East. They are now looking to hire a Principal or Technical Director of Ecology to meet their business development needs in their Manchester office.
- Leading and mentoring a team of ecologists working on a variety of projects.
- Ecological project management.
- Business development.
- Preparation of ecological impact studies, feasibility studies, and scheme reports for projects.
- Resolution of technical issues as they occur for a range of areas across projects and for the monitoring of progress.
- Integrating the regional delivery and supporting the UK ecology delivery.
- Take an active role in the technical development of staff, coaching and mentoring on technical issues
- An in depth knowledge of ecology science.
- An honours degree in ecology or related field.
- Full member of CIEEM.
- Proven experience of most aspects of ecological projects.
- Confident with proven interpersonal and communication skills.
- Evidence of excellent client and stakeholder relationships and ability to develop new ones.
- Thorough understanding of environmental legislation pertinent to the UK and experience of HRA
- Proven ability in team leading / management.
- Capable of managing a challenging workload subject to change at short notice.
- Good IT skills.
- Postgraduate degree
- Protected species licence(s)
- Project management experience
- Chartered Environmentalist / Ecologist
To find out more, call Josh Blanchard on 01202 888986 today!