Technical Director – Planning
A career defining opportunity for an experienced development planner who has led the planning process for major residential and commercial schemes and ambitious to make your mark by helping develop our UK planning business, read on. Join a national development planning team as the lead for residential and commercial developments and you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the UK’s largest and complex developments.
We are seeking a highly respected planner who brings strong relationships drawn from both public and private clients and an ability to think in a problem solving and multi-disciplinary way. You need to be experienced in developing planning strategies, leading the master-planning and feasibility process and advising clients on the planning risks and opportunities associated with their sites as well as achieving timely consents through effective management of stakeholders and the consent process. You will have demonstrable experience in growing a planning business bringing a strong commercial mind-set.
Our Planning team is involved in some of the UK’s most complex and stimulating projects that are diverse and technically demanding including Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects, energy and infrastructure developments, commercial schemes, socio economic and community planning as well as research into the planning process. Our clients include National Grid, Welsh Water, TfL, the Homes and Communities Agency, Welsh Government, Highways England and the Canal & River Trust together with a range of private developers, social landlords and local authorities.
- Technical delivery of projects, as lead planner for residential and commercial projects;
- Project manager of multi-disciplinary development consent commissions;
- Identify and develop innovative development solutions based on client needs and drivers
- Establish strong relationships with project and development managers, architects and urban designers, environmental planning disciplines and engineers on a technical and commercial level
- Ensuring planning advice complies with planning law, regulation and best practice
- Assist in the development, promotion and implementation of company technical strategies
- Promote the Planning team capability and achievements both internally and externally
- Recruit and mentor planning professionals
- Planning Degree and Masters and Membership of the RTPI
- Delivery focussed
- Ability to work independently and in the team
- Enthusiasm to grow the business
- Travel Flexibility
- Experience in leading planning consents
- Working in a planning consulting environment