|Job Title:||Technical Director of Planning|
|Salary:||£75000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Andy Tubb|
|Job Published:||22 days ago|
On behalf of our client we are seeking to appoint a Technical Director of Planning to provide support to the department and other departments within the organisation and to undertake responsibility for specific project performance and control including research and development work and, where appropriate, project procurement.
You will be an experienced Town Planner with Environmental or Minerals & Waste expertise to join one of the leading Environmental Consultancies in the Midlands region as their Technical Director of Planning Services.
This company is at the forefront of development, and as such is expanding its services across all areas, and aims to increase their Planning offering to clients with an experienced and reliable team.
Working on a fantastic range of areas including Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects (NSIPs), the right Planner would be able to successfully produce Development Consent Orders (DCOs) & applications, feasibility assessments, EIA reports, and engage with stakeholders or local communities, maintaining relationships and developing lines of enquiry into tangible business opportunities.
With a successful team already in place, this role is waiting for the right Town Planner to take it to the next level. If you are an Associate looking for your next step, or an experienced Manager or Team Leader looking for a new challenge, please get in touch.
- To be responsible for the technical quality and the development of the above service.
- As a key member of the company you will be expected to play a proactive role in company performance and management and development of new business opportunities for strategic growth and development of the company
- Line management responsibilities, and involvement with the recruitment and selection of staff
- Assess the risks and liabilities associated with sites and development for a variety of purposes including pre-acquisition due diligence and insurance
- To represent the company at business and social events and promote the company's services and interests at all opportunities
- Liaise with clients and regulatory authorities during projects
- To undertake responsibility for project performance and control including research and development work.
- Prepare and oversee all contract documentation, budgets and programmes of work prepared in the department
- Member of RTPI desirable
- Experience in Environmental or Infrastructure projects
- Previous experience of working with Quality Management Systems would be an advantage
- Member of CIWM desirable
- Ability to prioritise workloads
- Experienced in project management, budgeting & financial control
Shortlists are being put together in the coming week, so if you are interested:
Get in touch!
01202 888 986 ext. 201