|Job Title:||Technical Director - Offshore|
|Salary:||£70000.00 - £80000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Tom Wolsey|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Our client is a leading engineering consultancy with a global portfolio of offshore power and energy projects, including renewable energy.
Their Offshore Division currently has an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Technical Director to lead the development and expansion of an offshore engineering team.
You will be responsible for leading civil and structural aspects of multi and single-discipline design and assessment projects for all types of offshore wind facilities.
- Leading and supervising structural analysis for all types of offshore assets including fixed platforms, floating and subsea systems
- Maintaining and developing client relationships
- Ensuring the provision of efficient high quality structural engineering
- Mentoring and developing junior engineers
You will be an ambitious professional with excellent direct experience in the offshore structural design market (ideally wind) and display strong technical and managerial skills with the drive to grow your career in this expanding market.
You are also likely to have the following:
- Demonstrable and substantial structural engineering experience in the offshore environment including knowledge of major suppliers
- A proven track record in delivering FEED to detailed design for offshore wind structures to international offshore wind developers
- Experience in managing or contributing to multi-discipline engineering design projects including direct interaction with clients
- Chartered engineer
- A top class engineering degree (honours or equivalent) in civil or structural engineering or similar subject
- Experience in the use of engineering systems for offshore work such as SACS, SESAM, and USFOS (other relevant packages will be considered)
- Understanding of the offshore environment particularly wave loading, fatigue and vessel motions
- Understanding the general requirements for offshore wind foundation
- Familiar with offshore industry codes and standards such as ISO 19902, DNV OS-J101, API etc.
- Innovative, and with the ability to think outside the box