|Job Title:||Technical Director - Quantity Surveying|
|Location:||West Midlands, West Midlands|
|Salary:||£55000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + Benefits Package|
|Contact Name:||Gemma Howells|
|Job Published:||12 months ago|
A new and exciting opportunity has arisen for a Technical Director specialising in Quantity Surveying to take a lead role in a successful professional services company. You will be looking at construction and maintenance management within the commercial public sector including Education sector and the Local Authority.
The role will be based in the Midlands with an established team initially, and with the view of the Technical Director to expand to build a second team in another office in the Midlands region. You will be involved in both pre and post Quantity Surveying contract duties.
This role is offered on a permanent basis with a competitive benefits package.
The role will focus predominantly on;
- Support Quantity Surveying project delivery using our clients
- Managing projects of different sizes and following through entire life cycle of the project from cradle to grave.
- Analysis and preparation of statistical costing for future projects, preparing technical estimates and relevant tender documentation using a variety of forms and computerised measurement packages
- Regular attendance at site meetings, providing input and support to all stages of the project
- Making amendments and variations to pricing throughout the duration of the contract and providing cost advice and advice on contracts, particularly in regard to both the NEC and JCT forms of contract.
You will have;
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or other relevant qualification
- Professional qualification i.e. RICS Qualified, MRICS Chartered Quantity surveyor or equivalent
- Working knowledge of industry standard forms of contract including JCT and NEC.
- Knowledge of whole life cycle of a project including pre and post contract knowledge
- Experience of forecasting and reporting on cost control and risk management, looking at and advising on procurement options, document preparation of contracts.
- Good commercial awareness and understanding of the public sector, ideally in Education or Local Authority
- Previous experience using a variety of different computerised measurement packages
- Good Team Player
- Able to act on own initiative
- Willingness to travel
For further information please apply here or call Gemma Howells on 01202 888986. We look forward to receiving your application.