|Job Title:||Technical Director - Regulated Water|
|Location:||UK - England - South East England, Surrey - Guildford|
|Salary:||£65,000-£75,000 Per Annum|
|Contact Name:||Thomas Bullen|
|Job Published:||4 months ago|
Technical Director, Regulated Water
My Clients water engineering business is experiencing significant growth in the South East and has recently been named as preferred bidder on the new Thames Water Professional services contract. This work will complement our current offering to Thames Tideway, Southern Water and the Environment Agency through our industry leading team in the South East, based on Guildford.
We are seeking to recruit a Technical Director to lead the technical delivery teams based in Guildford, Croydon and London for our current Water Industry client base for Thames Water. Based in Guildford/Croydon/London, the ideal candidate will have an in depth knowledge of Thames Water and have the ability to grow this vital account.
• Relevant engineering degree
• Chartered Engineer status (eg MICE, MIStructE, CIWEM)
• Extensive experience of working with Thames or Southern Water with a truly rich understand of what makes these clients tick
• Ability and enthusiasm to build an account through a highly collaborative approach
• Demonstrated ability to recruit and lead a new team with good influencing, motivating and delegation skills
• Well-developed commercial skills with a demonstrated ability in sales and business development
• Excellent communication and relationship building skills, both internally and externally
Duties & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Water Sector Technical Delivery lead, you will be a key leader in the Water Engineering business and will take a role in managing and directing the team, providing both leadership and technical guidance to team members. You will ensure and /or implement right-shaping of resources and effective resource management in line with function / discipline business plan requirements.
Additional responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
• Engaging with and utilising fully the Global Excellence Centres (GECs) as key members and resources of your business teams, and as a seamless part of our service offering.
• Oversee the delivery of projects on time, meeting both quality and budgetary targets, while striving to exceed client expectations.
• Ensuring the profitable operation of the framework
• Promoting effective and efficient bid management in liaison with the sector Sales Leader
• Promoting and marketing all facets of the company’s services during client interfaces and generally
• Encouraging innovative and entrepreneurial thinking among team members