Our client is a world leader in Offshore Wind Power.
They are currently looking to recruit a Technical Lifting Specialist.
The successful candidate will be responsible for contributing to the development and embedding lifting strategies, policies and procedures within the UK, and ensuring alignment with the global Wind Power lifting team.
This person will also be responsible for ensuring the UK is resourced with competent lifting personnel (Appointed Persons), in order to facilitate the planning and execution of project lifting operations. In addition this person will also be responsible to support the UK & Global Lifting functions, Sales and UK management teams. Furthermore it will also be a requirement that this person can take on the Appointed Persons role on projects as company requirements dictate. This person will need to have demonstrable professional knowledge of lifting operations, applicable regulations and best practise, to enhance the safety and efficiency of project operations.
- Reports disciplinary to the Head of the Installation Project Management group in the UK, and functionally to the Global Team Lead Lifting, providing regular applicable reports.
- Develop effective communication channels with Head of the Installation Project Management group in the UK, and the Global Team Lead for lifting, Lifting Engineers / AP's, Resource Suppliers, and internal Lifting Supervisors. Developing and supporting regional / global lifting strategies, policies and procedures.
- Provide input to UK & Global Lifting team objectives.
- Organise and participate in relevant Lifting related workshops and toolbox meetings.
- Ensure all UK projects are internally audited in relation to lifting operations with competent personnel in accordance to project processes and procedures.
- Perform contractor assessments, monitor performance and perform regular audits against contractor scope, EHS requirements, personnel competencies and quality of operations & equipment. Ensure deficiencies are identified and rectified in an agreed timely manner.
- Provide support, technical and operational advice on internal projects involving lifting operations and processes.
- Review lifting plans and risk assessments for internal stakeholders.
- Participate in recruitment and on boarding of new team members, ensuring UK Lift team is resourced with competent persons.
- Provide mentoring and technical development support to Lifting Engineers (APs & Trainee) roles.
- Maintain Lifting near miss and incident database in order to identify incident trends and mitigations.
- Participate in relevant near miss and incident investigations, providing technical expertise when require. Follow up and close out of relevant actions arising from these investigation.
- Support the development of new equipment and tools, ensuring input provided according to expert lifting knowledge and adherence to local regulations / statutory requirements.
- Provide support and input for new lifting contracts (UK) and support existing company framework contracts outside of the project specific contracts.
- Support manning / resource departments in terms of specifying requirements, standards and qualifications of site based lifting personnel.
- Further develop training standards for HSE, site and installation management related to lifting and logistics.
- Ensure that UK rules / regulations / legislation are adhered to on all UK projects