|Job Title:||Technical Manager - Solar|
|Job Published:||9 months ago|
Our Client is Saudi headquartered company provides various services in Oil & Gas, Drilling, Safety, Marine&offshore and Green Energy in the Kingdom of
The company is expanding their Renewable Energy business in the kingdom and therefore they are looking to hire a Technical Manager in the department to lead the solar business.
Purpose of the job :
Support all all business projects by planning, directing and coordinating all activities to ensure that goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
responsible for developing products and driving innovation.
- Review project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Establish work plan and staffing for each phase of project, and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
- Confer with internal and external project stakeholders to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
- Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Review status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required.
- Prepare project reports for management, client, or others.
- Confer with project personnel to provide technical advise and to resolve problems.
- Research and make recommendations for design enhancements or modifications to meet the ever-changing availability of technology and needs of the customer base.
- Provide technical support to customers and contractors.
- Support project schedule and costs for items relating to design.
- Responsible for final system commissioning and maintenance.
- On-site project supervision as required
- Manage the company's R&D, Technical Support and Manufacturing functions to meet budgeted financial performance
- Develop new products, as agreed with General Manager
- Provide product support and other technical support to operational functions in the most efficient manner for all concerned.
- Maintain a clear view at all times of the R&D and Technical Support past and forecast technical and financial performance (both deliverables and spend)
- Report regularly on key aspects of the business, in accordance with routine and ad-hoc reporting requirements
- Foster a climate and culture where QHSE issues are addressed effectively and speedily, as part of everyone's normal function
- Ensure staff and performers observe regulations, health and safety legislation
- Ensure that working practices adhere to GPM's Health & Safety Policy & Procedures
- Ensure that each new employee, whether temporary or permanent, receives appropriate safety training at the start of employment
- Monitor their workplaces frequently to identify unsafe or unhealthful conditions
- Take prompt action to correct hazardous conditions
- If a serious hazard is detected take immediate interim action to safeguard employees
- Encourage employees to report unsafe or unhealthful conditions
- Seek suggestions from employees for improvement of workplace conditions
- Investigate workplace accidents and take prompt corrective action necessary to ensure the safety and health of employees
- Provide relevant technical information to Operations/sales staff to enable proper operation
- Engineering Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Electronics or chemical.
- 10 years of minimum experience in the field of engineering and management.
- Solid theoretical and practical knowledge
- Professional-level technical knowledge
- PMP or like certifications preferred
- Solar PV system maintenance or design experience a plus