Our client is a leading independent infrastructure and private equity investment manager with over £2.6 billion of assets under management.
They are market leaders in is a market leading manager of solar and energy from waste / bioenergy assets, with a portfolio of solar assets across southern Europe, the UK, Australia and the USA.
In Australia, they manage funds currently own an operational solar PV assets to over 250MW by the end of 2018. It also has a $100m commitment from the CEFC towards Australian bio-energy and energy from waste projects and has commenced due diligence on its first transaction.
They have an extensive portfolio management capabilities in its London office and is now looking to enhance this by hiring a technical portfolio manager to be based locally in Australia.
- Overseeing the performance of energy infrastructure projects managed in Australia through construction and operations and supporting the acquisition process of new projects.
- Overseeing the performance of selected investee companies through construction and operations. On the Owner's side, managing a number of utility-scale solar PV and Bioenergy/Energy from Waste projects through from Notice to Proceed through construction to operations, including managing the EPC, DNSP, regulatory approvals and other processes necessary for the project SPV to deliver the projects.
- This includes coordinating these parties, tracking budgets, progress, quality and HSE performance.
- In conjunction with appointed Owner's Engineers and technical advisers, ensuring installations are built to the agreed designs and meet the correct quality, technical specifications and requirements of the construction contract.
- Managing the technical due diligence process and technical adviser for new acquisitions whilst negotiating the technical content of key contracts such as the EPC and O&M contracts. Liaising with the London-based portfolio management teams to include: regular performance reporting; sharing of knowledge and best-practice. Identifying, evaluating and proposing opportunities for performance improvements, both operationally and economically.
- The Australian portfolio will benefit from the extensive experience of the London based portfolio team. Actively contributing to the overall performance of the Australia Team.
- Attending board meetings where relevant to update investors and directors on the performance of the projects and discuss any issues.
- Attending regular sites visits during the construction and operational phases sometimes with investors / key stakeholders.
- Reviewing and monitoring health and safety alongside a health and safety adviser.
- Actively engaging with the network operators to assist in due diligence of new projects and ongoing management of grid outages.
- Managing the EPC contractor's testing procedures at the beginning and early years of operation and making claims against the contractor where there are issues / underperformance / defects.
- Supporting any exit process or re-financings by assisting with technical due diligence.
- Experience of solar, anaerobic digestion, biomass, waste-to-energy, wind power, battery storage or pumped storage technologies would be of great benefit.
- Experience with 11kV, 33kV and 132kV PV or renewable energy plant connection at design and operational level would be appreciated.
- Previous experience as a board representative would be beneficial.
- Ability to communicate with third parties (i.e EPC/O&M contractors) effectively including speaking their native languages as required.
- A minimum 7 years' relevant experience is preferred.
- A good communicator with an ability to influence at all levels.
- Adaptable: able to quickly adjust to the varying demands of the projects and portfolio more generally.
- Numerate: familiar with financial models and their use to evaluate and forecast performance
- The portfolio is likely to be spread across a number of states in Australia and regular travel to the project locations will be required.
- Occasional overseas travel may be required for reference plant visits and training etc.
You need to be eligable to work in Australia