Our Client is a fast-growing UK fund management business with leading positions in several specialist sectors including healthcare, energy and smaller company investing.
Their success is based on its 400 employees adopting and applying values that make great businesses:
The Renewable Energy team is an exciting and innovative part of their overall business and long term strategy.
They are looking to hire a Technical Construction and Operations Portfolio Manager into their Renewables Team to work in the interest of the solar, wind and anaerobic digestion companies managed by them to provide technical guidance to assist the Renewables Portfolio Team in managing assets both in construction and operational.
- Originate, negotiate, and oversee renewables project transactions, including the management and coordination of the due diligence process and the relevant advisors involved, the negotiations with project funders under a variety of finance structures including debt and equity, and outright project sales.
- Negotiate structure and evaluate potential PPA counterparties following the criteria set by the Company.
- Project Management of the drafting, negotiation, and execution of term sheets, EPC Contracts, O&M contracts, financing documents, and contracts associated with project financings, and all other main commercial contracts of the investee companies.
- Constantly seek to improve the financial efficiency of the Renewables Portfolio by optimizing structures, processes, budgeting, documents, relationships, and general business practices both internally and with external business partners.
- Comment and provide guidance to the portfolio managers on ad hoc technical issues that arise on projects by proactively engaging with our technical advisers and developers.
- Analyse and consolidate construction monitoring reports from our technical advisers (TAs), communicating the information concisely to the Portfolio Team.
- Comment on, and approve where necessary, change orders that are raised by developers.
- Engage with TA to ensure that EPC contracts and appendices are robust from a technical perspective and monitor compliancy of operations with original contracts
- Manage relations with subcontractors and developers and plant operators
- Undertake construction monitoring visits to ensure conformance of our EPC contractors to the relevant industry standards and the construction schedule
- Analyse technical reports from Asset Management providers and comment on the Operation and Maintenance (O&M) management and monitor the portfolio's performance through the various monitoring systems platforms
- Analyse the output data and, working alongside our development partners, proactively propose technical solutions in order to increase the performance across the portfolio
- Identify improvements to metering, monitoring and data communications systems in order to improve the accuracy of the data of the plant outputs
- Analyse technical reports from Asset Management providers, to identify trends in performance data across the portfolio, assess the level of service provided by Operation and Maintenance (O&M) providers and report any issues that could jeopardise returns to management
- Feedback observations from the portfolio to the investment team to ensure that the financial model reflects reality as closely as possible
- Ensure O&M contracts conform with site specific criteria and represent the investee companies' interests upon takeover of the sites by O&M providers at Final Acceptance of the plants
- Improve reporting workflows from Operations and Maintenance providers to Asset management and then to the Renewables Portfolio team
- Ensure compliance of Operation and Maintenance providers with contractual terms
- Analyse Acceptance Certificate reports from TAs and assist in mitigating any outstanding issue could have an influence on operational phase
- Experience managing the origination, negotiation, and execution of complex financial transactions
- Professional experience in the field of business valuation or projects investments with accounting proficiency
- Direct experience developing, constructing and operating renewable assets
- Detailed knowledge of contractual frameworks and understanding of EPC and O&M contracts
- Strong engineering experience, preferably from an electrical engineering background
- Experience in electrical and engineering design
- Knowledge of project components (modules, turbines, inverters, transformers, CHP, switchgear etc.)
- Knowledge of the relevant industry standards
- Knowledge of metering and communication systems
- Knowledge of data analysis, monitoring and SCADA systems
- Mastery of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Excellent skills in English oral communication and communication/report writing skills and ability to convey complex issues in an understandable manner
- Excellent analytical skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and towards deadlines
- Team player who is also happy to work on their own
- Ability to critically examine and question information from a variety of sources
- Flexibility and "can do" attitude
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Looking for a challenging role as part of a portfolio career
- Ability to communicate a point of view succinctly
Please contact Sally Woods for further information