|Job Title:||Technical Project Manager - Offshore Wind Power|
|Location:||South East England,|
|Salary:||£45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Tom Wolsey|
|Job Published:||almost 2 years ago|
Our client is a global leader in Wind Power.
They are currently looking for a dedicated Technical Project Manager (TPM) for their offshore wind projects group.
The TPM group is responsible for managing engineering activities in technically complex offshore wind turbine projects in both sales and execution phase. They are looking for candidates who are eager to engage in execution projects and provide first level technical support to sales. You will become part of the core Project Management team responsible for delivering our Offshore Wind projects to customers.
As a Technical Project Manager you will ensure engineering deliverables are provided accurately and according to the project schedule, and you will interface with (i) the global Operation Engineering and product Platform Management teams for Generic product Design Solutions and (ii) the Regional Engineering teams for project specific technical issues, to provide feedback on new and existing designs.
You shall use you knowledge of the client and legislative requirements to ensure these are embodied in the offered Design Solutions. You will be the single point of contact for all engineering activities during the project execution phase.
- Consult and engage with a wide variety of project disciplines to acquire and analyse various technical data, to deliver project specific technical solutions in a wide range of challenging scenarios
- Providing rapid first line technical support for customers, vendors and suppliers
- Tracking turbine configurations and issues that require modifications to correct
- Integration of technical learning with the Global Head Office
- Providing disposition of equipment non-conformances
- Travelling to sites to provide technical guidance to site personnel as required
- Integration of CDM and Health & Safety regulation and compliance to ensure fit for purpose design solutions within the Wind Turbine and supporting Installation equipment
- Development of technical reports and documentation
- A degree in Mechanical or Technical Engineering or similar
- Significant experience in Project Management of large scale civil or engineering
- Demonstrable experience of technical design, manufacturing and testing of large scale mechanical plant
- Knowledge of large scale civil engineering practices
- The ability to communicate, engage and influence a wide range of internal and external customers in the UK and abroad
- Willingness and the ability to travel to production sites, regional offices and construction sites when required by project demand
- The ability to manage concurrent work streams
- Electrical/SCADA knowledge and skills
We look forward to receiving your application.