Our Client is a world leader in Onshore and Offshore Wind Power.
They are currently looking to hire a Technical Project Manager to be involved with the Project Management of Power Converter Control development projects in collaboration with the wider platform development teams. Planning and coordination of R&D tasks performed by the local team.
This role requires assisting the Power Converter Control Team Leader in the definition and progressing of technical tasks. We are looking for someone technically competent who can manage and own the given tasks, who has good communication skills and can take the initiative in resolving organisational issues. A capable individual, motivated and good communicator. Someone with previous experience within project execution in engineering, and with a technical background, is required to meet this role. Your duties will include the following.
- Project Management
- Planning and progress chasing.
- Reporting to Management.
- Operational management of dedicated project resources.
- Establishing an agreed project scope and set of deliverables with stake holders.
- Motivating the team to deliver.
- Mastery of work planning and progress tools (Jira).
- Sets and manages project budget.
- Technical Management
- Supervision of University research projects.
- Supervision of student interns.
- Optional - Frequency Domain modelling of Wind Turbine Power Conversion system.
- Optional Control system model validation support.
- Optional technical review of user documentation.
- Office Administration Support to Team Leader.
- Assists with Facility management
- Work planning and timebooking.
- Mastery of software management tools (Mecurial)
- IP management by coordination of patent submissions and reviews.
- Assists with performance appraisal of team members.
- What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Educated to BTEC National Certificate or degree level in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or related subjected.
- Experience in Project Management , preferably in Control and Automation, or Power Systems.
- A knowledge of simulation software such as MATLAB/Simulink, and/or power system analysis tools would be an advantage.
- This is a Technical Project Management role. A good understanding of the technology is essential to be able to manage the workpackages effectively.
- A keen interest in Renewable Energy (wind energy) is desirable.
For further information please contact Ashley Smith on +44 (0) 1202 888986
We look forward to receiving your application.