|Job Title:||Technical Sales Manager|
|Location:||UK - England - North West England, Cumbria - Penrith|
|Salary:||£30,000 - £35,000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||James Pearson|
|Job Published:||6 months ago|
- Technical Sales Manager working to maximise the turnover and profitability of areas of business allocated.
- To develop and maintain a wide professional customer contact base to ensure the company is invited to bid/tender for all work within the geographic locality.
- Contaminated land sales can be up £1m turnover across the group.
- Aggregate sales are in the region of £1 million across the group.
- To work in conjunction with technical specialists to generate sales within our contaminated land disposal and remediation business. This involves liaising with the existing customer base and also pursuing all new leads to ensure we are in a position to provide effective quotations for any contaminated land arising within Cumbria, Southern Scotland and West Northumberland.
- Capable (with appropriate training) in the assessment of chemical analysis to advise customers on the most appropriate and cost effective disposal strategy for contaminated sites.
- To maximise the revenue streams from the disposal and engineering requirements of clean sub and top soils. In addition to ensure that the landfill division have an appropriate stock level of restoration soils for engineering purposes.
Brokerage of third party waste
- To maximise the sales income from the brokerage of third party hazardous waste to other facilities.
- To maximise the revenue and sales of recycled aggregates and the procurement of the materials suitable for processing into saleable products.
Sand and Gravel
- To maximise the revenue and sales of virgin sand and gravel from the 50%
The role will at times require business development and customer liaison within other areas of our work;
- Collection & Recycling
- Hazardous Waste Transfer
- Liquid Treatment
- The job holder will be required to undertake other responsibilities, ad hoc tasks and projects from time to time.
- The job holder is required to have a sound knowledge of waste legislation and protocols required in the disposal and/or the processing of contaminated soils, clean soils and construction and demolition waste.
- The knowledge must be continually updated to ensure the job holder is at all times providing customers with accurate, up to date guidance and advice.
- The job holder must have good communication, written, organisational and analytical people skills.
- The ability to generate sales and maximise opportunities is critical.
- Internally the job holder must work closely with the Operations Team, Technical Manager and his team and the accountancy support.
- Externally the job holder will liaise with consultants, contractors, Environment Agency and clients.
- Ensuring within the job holders area of work that there is compliance with relevant legislation, health and safety procedures, guidance and working instructions.
- The preparation of and prompt accurate quotation to both internal and external customers.
- The accurate correlation and analysis of sales data required for budget review and preparation.
- The ability to develop and manage sound customer relationships to ensure business development.
- Development and maintenance of a customer database.
- Experienced Sales Professional with the ability and drive to deliver turnover and profit.
- The technical skills and experience to interpret chemical analysis, waste legislation and technical specification, in order to provide the correct advice to Customers on disposal options and correct product provision in order to maximise profit and competitive advantage.