Managing experience? This is a great opportuinity to work in a global engineering organisation on interesting rail projects.
Reporting to the Telecoms Engineering Manager, the Project Engineering Manager (PEM) will oversee the project engineering on all projects within the Telecoms team. The PEM provides project engineering team leadership to ensure projects are delivered to the required quality and safety standards and to project timescales
- Accountable for the successful delivery of all Telecoms Engineering activities within the CIS portfolio of Telecoms projects.
- Manage the national portfolio of project engineering work-packages across a number of projects. Allocation of project engineering resources to work packages for the preparation of engineering plans, specifications and designs to ensure these are delivered to time, quality, and cost parameters.
- Prepare and Maintain resource schedule to identify resource requirements to meet short term work bank surplus / shortfall for the Engineering Manager to maximize resource utilisation/efficiency.
- Manage the Project Engineering function competence, training and development requirements to meet the needs of work bank and business strategy.
- Company procedures including development of the required Safety Planning documentation.
- Interface with business peers to support cross discipline business needs, share knowledge and best practises. Provide support and input to Project Management, Design Engineering, Construction Engineering, Test & Commisisoning and Engineering Management functions
- Considerable and established knowledge and interest in the rail telecoms industry, significant experience of telecoms engineering implementation on large main line rail schemes in the UK. (essential)
- Broad base of Engineering skills, experiences, knowledge and competencies covering the full engineering lifecycle. (essential)
- Experience in Systems Engineering, Project Engineering and Design of safety critical or safety related systems, test and installation environments. (essential)
- Leadership - proven ability to lead and experience of managing large multidisciplinary teams. Excellent organisational skills with the ability to foresee change, forecast and manage design resource utilisation and costs. (essential)
- Business Results Orientation - strong leadership qualities including personal drive, initiative, enthusiasm and support for company goals.
- Commercially aware - knowledge and experience with engineering delivery in a commercial business environment.
- Value Orientation - possess values that align with the requirements of the role, recognise the business and team member values to harmonise for achievement and success
- Strategic Innovative Orientation with an ability to work in an environment where a risk based approach is necessary. Supportive of a consistent companywide approach to continuous improvement.
- Customer Orientation - able to establish excellent relationships with customers, both internal and external to meet customer needs and deliver high levels of customer satisfaction
- Change Management - readily adopt change and implement effectively.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please do not hesitate to get in contact!