|Job Title:||Temporary Works Design Engineer|
|Location:||UK - England - South East England, London|
|Contact Name:||Lisa Newman|
|Job Published:||10 months ago|
• Provide in-house dedicated support on temporary works designs for national schemes
• Work with and advise designers through the design phase to review the initial scope of works and produce advice as to the constructability and sequencing of the temporary works including method statements
• Ensure clear lines of communication are established with any subcontractors, suppliers, permanent works designers and consultants, to ensure a consistent approach to the management of temporary works
• When required, prepare statements identifying critical stages for site review and, where required, sampling/testing of temporary works
Principal responsibilities and accountabilities
• Prepare Temporary Works designs for both tenders and contracts; temporary structures to include heavy falseworks, cofferdams, access platforms and lifting equipment.
• Prepare design risk assessments to eliminate or mitigate design risk to the business
• Assist with updating of procedure for the procurement of Temporary Works design, installation, loading and removal.
• Undertake site briefings as necessary when requested by site TWC.
• Attend temporary works meetings on site as necessary when requested by site TWC.
• Undertake site audits for procurement of temporary works against the company procedures and prepare audit reports.
• Assists the Team Leader to deliver effective, safe solutions to design briefs in support of pre-contract and delivery teams.
• Supports the Team Leader with continually seeking improvement of our engineering processes and performance
Qualifications and Experience
As the successful candidate you will have:
• Strong academic qualifications ideally a civil engineering (or equivalent) preferably with BEng (Hons) or MEng in Civil or Structural Engineering (or equivalent)
• Knowledge of engineering processes and of company design procedures
• Extensive track record of site-based Temporary Works within a major contractor
• Understand and operate structural and geotechnical analysis software for example CADs PWS, Superstress, Wallap, Slope, AutoCAD
• Must be able to produce well thought out competent temporary works designs
• Good communication and presentation skills; both written and verbal.
• Recent experience of working in small design teams and coordinating interfaces with other disciplines
• Recent experience of working in a multi-disciplinary teams
This is a great opportunity to join a leading civil engineering contractor and to further develop your skills working on major projects.
Our client is offering a competitive package + progression opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you.