Desired Location Derby or York
Applications from other locations will be also considered
Our client is a global innovative engineering organisation specialising within the Rail sector and is constantly providing innovate solutions for the rail industry. Our client is offering a great opportunity to its employees to develop a career within the company.
The role required an experienced PICOT Test & Commissioning Manager to lead and direct the Fixed Telecoms test and commissioning engineering team.
- Plan, co-ordinate and manage Fixed Telecom test and commissioning engineering resources effectively and efficiently including personnel, tools and equipment.
- Develop and implement strategies to improve business efficiency within the Fixed Telecoms test and commissioning engineering team, including process improvement, outsourcing, resourcing and technology/design standardisation and re-use.
- Support estimating for engineering projects and tenders with regard to test and commissioning engineering resources, plans, technology, risk and process.
- Driving through testing improvements and efficiencies through review or customer feedback and the development and implementation of appropriate solutions
- Ensure the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools are applied throughout the test and commissioning engineering life cycle.
- Degree or equivalent in relevant subject
- IRSE License in relevant category (e.g. Test Manager, Telecoms)
- Proven experience in PICOT role for Safety Related Telecoms and Operational Telecoms projects.
- An engineering background with previous management experience in a relevant Fixed Telecoms engineering environment.
- Proven flexibility in the role as it requires an element of travelling and unsociable hours working which may include night working, weekend working and bank holiday working.
This is a great opportunity for an individual who is looking for genuine career progression within a company who strongly believes in the career development of their employees. You will also be working on and leading teams on some of the UK's most prestigious and high profile projects.
Our client is offering a competitive basic salary + great benefits.
We look forward to receiving your application.