|Job Title:||Town Planner|
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||£20000.00 - £30000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sarah Kerr|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Town Planner/Town Planning Assistant
£20,000 - £30,000 per annum
A chance to work with a leading global multidisciplinary consultancy, in one of the top Town Planning teams in the country, on large scale, complex, and exciting projects.
Our client is a multinational energy resources and environmental consultancy company. It advises clients on the built and natural environment across diverse economic sectors both public and private. Due to continued success and growth, they are now looking to grow their London based Town Planning Team, with the addition of an Assistant Planner or Town Planner.
The Role of Town Planner
The role of Town Planner within this exciting organisation involves you assisting with the preparation of site appraisals including planning history searches, policy analysis, interpretation and consideration of material considerations and assessing planning potential and formulating planning strategies.
You will also be responsible for the preparation of planning applications, notices and CIL forms, as well as applications to discharge planning conditions. You will gain experience in the preparation of planning statements to support a range of developments, as well as representations to development plans.
The role of Town Planner also involves liaising with officers at Local Planning Authorities in both development management and policy. You will also gain commercial experience by supporting the preparation of tenders and fee proposals as well responding to ad hoc queries from clients and other team members.
Is the role of Town Planner for you?
If you have the following skills and experience, this could be the perfect opportunity for you to step up in your career with a progressive and impressive company;
- RTPI Accredited degree
- Commercially focussed
- Excellent knowledge of planning system, especially in London, development management procedures and policy, including the London Plan
- Exceptional verbal communication skills; able to communicate with both colleagues and clients
- Ability to take the initiative and respond to queries without being asked
- Must have excellent report writing skills with good attention to detail
- Organisation skills and diligent at keeping paper and electronic filing systems up to date.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Must have the flexibility to switch tasks in response to changing priorities.
- Good analytic and problem solving abilities with a strong attention to detail and ability to make correct judgements
Think you have what it takes?
Please get in touch with me as soon as possible to discuss this role in more detail. I am available at any time to have an informal and very confidential chat:
Sarah Kerr - Planning & Built environment Team Leader
01202 888 986; 07714 775 700
We recruit across all Town Planning, Surveying, Architecture and Design markets throughout the UK and Ireland. If this opportunity does not tick every box, I am confident our team is working on something that does - give us a call today to discuss all of your options!