Town Planner - Bristol
C£25,000+ (benefits include bi-annual bonus)
This is a fantastic opportunity for a motivated Graduate or Assistant Planner to take the next step in their career and become a Town Planner.
Our client is a highly successful and busy practice in Bristol with a friendly and motivated team. They provide a complete range of services across every sector of planning, and offer the right person the opportunity to work across the entire spectrum of planning, from both small to large and complex projects, developing a fantastic range of experience across the Built Environment. They have a wide range of technical experience and have built up several strong long-term, client relationships, with the majority of their work coming from word-of-mouth and repeat business.
This is the perfect opportunity for the right Planner to become a part of a wonderful variety of projects with a wide range of clients, from private individuals and householders, to major developers and ecclesiastical organisations. The planning team prides themselves on their professionalism and the effectiveness of the service that they provide.
Due to continued growth, our client has a fantastic opportunity for a talented Town Planner to join their busy Bristol office.
Initially working with a Partner or Associate, your main duties will include:
- Drafting planning statements, design and access statements and submitting planning applications.
- Preparing local plan representations and undertaking background research for clients.
- Liaising with stakeholders and undertaking local consultations
- Representing the company at committee meetings and events
You will work on projects throughout the UK, alongside a diverse range of people, including landowners, public and private sectors professionals, local politicians and residents.
- Town Planning undergraduate degree (essential) with experience
- Good knowledge of the planning system and excellent communication and report writing skills
- Able to work in a team environment
- Ability to use own initiative and have a professional manner and good social skills
- Concise level of computer literacy
In return they are offering a competitive salary, contributory pension, health care scheme and excellent career progression including full sponsorship & mentoring to allow the successful candidate to complete their APC and achieve MRTPI Chartered status.
Interested? Get in touch!
01202 888986 ext. 243