|Job Title:||Town Planner Leeds|
|Location:||Leeds, West Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£20000.00 - £28000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sarah Kerr|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
We are working with a leading multidisciplinary consultancy with a global presence as they continue to grow their Planning services offering here in the UK. To meet the growing business needs and aspirations they are looking for enthusiastic hard working and experienced Town Planners to join our teams based in Leeds and Reading.The successful applicants will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
Responsibilities of the Town Planner include:
- The successful applicants will support a range of projects for clients in major public and private sector organisations with a focus on delivering large infrastructure projects. Specific duties associated with this post will include:
- Working as part of the Planning team to deliver a range of Planning and Environmental projects. This will include working alongside other disciplines as part of multi-disciplinary teams;
- Writing and reviewing planning deliverables to a very high standard. This includes high level options appraisals, preparing and reviewing documents for planning applications, and also planning policy preparation and advice;
- Been prepared to work on non-core planning activities such as consents management and environmental coordination.
- Supporting additional work opportunities to the Planning team through building strong relationships with our existing internal and external client base;
- Thinking both creatively and logically to resolve design and development problems;
- Where appropriate, responsibility for the financial monitoring of projects, document control, progress reporting and other project management tasks;
To be considered for the role of Town Planner:
- A good degree qualification in a relevant Planning or related degree (accredited to the Royal Town Planning Institute);
- Existing member or working towards Chartered Membership of the RTPI;
- A good understanding of how Local Planning Authorities operate;
- A good understanding of current Planning issues and the Planning process especially with regard to major development schemes and infrastructure projects;
- Strong technical ability with experience in Planning policy, Planning application and related areas including Environmental Impact Assessments and other Impact Assessments;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; Strong organisational and numerical skills; Strong team working capabilities; and Strong attention to detail and an ability to apply knowledge to practical situations;
- A focus on results and project delivery;
- Commercial focus.
Interested? Get in touch;
Please get in touch with me as soon as possible to discuss the role of Town Planning Consultant in more detail. I am available at any time to have an informal and very confidential chat:
Sarah Kerr - Planning & Built Environment Team Leader
01202 888 986; 07714 775 700
We recruit across all Town Planning, Surveying, Architecture and Design markets throughout the UK and Ireland. If this opportunity does not tick every box, I am confident our team is working on something that does - give us a call today to discuss all of your options!