|Job Title:||Transport Manager|
|Location:||UK - England - South East England, Oxfordshire|
|Job Published:||8 months ago|
ALLEN & YORK are recruiting for a Transport Manager for a leading property, residential, construction and services group, for an immediate start.
This is a temporary position to cover 6 - 12 months as maternity cover and is based in Witney.
We are looking for an individual with and the ability to negotiation and deal robustly with drivers, supervisors or managers who fail to comply with legislation and Company requirements in respect to transport management.
Responsibilities as Transport manager include:
- Make arrangements to ensure that drivers comply with Domestic Drivers' hours and/or EU Tachograph rules.
- Establish agreements and ensure compliance with Working Time Directive legislation.
- Ensure all in-scope drivers are in the process of gaining or have acquired a driver CPC qualification.
- Ensure that the vehicles are maintained properly
- Take action and record the action/s to remedy defects found.
- Ensure that vehicle defects are identified, recorded and reported by drivers daily.
- Ensure that where responsibility is delegated for daily checking/collection of defect data and of the actions
- Ensure all dangerous goods are packed, labelled and carried in accordance with ADR Regulations.
- Implement arrangements to ensure that vehicles are not overloaded.
- Ensure that authorised vehicles are kept at the authorised operating centre(s) when not in use.
- Notify the relevant traffic commissioner of resignation.
- Management of the vehicle/plant fleet within the contract locations.
- Fuel Card Management for all contract locations.
- Must hold a current certificate of professional competence (CPC)
- To be over 21 and have held a full EU Driving Licence for at least 2 years.
- Working knowledge of current transport legislation.
- Administration skills.
- Experience of or ability/willingness to supervise drivers undertaking daily vehicle checks.
- Ability to work in a methodical, organised manner.
- To undertake a CPC refresher training course every 3 years.
- Experience of fleet management within the Environmental Services Sector.
- Experience and knowledge of commercial vehicle repairs.
We look forward to receiving your application