ALLEN & YORK'S Rail and Highways team have been given an attractive opportunity for a Transport Modeller, to find a suitable candidate to work for a leading global design and consultancy company, who work around built and natural assets.
They are seeking a passionate and dynamic individual to join their advisory and strategic modelling team in Guildford, as a Transport Modeller.
- Supporting Project Managers in delivering strategic modelling projects.
- Forecasting the effects of new developments and devising strategies to cater for generated trips.
- Managing or carrying out all the technical aspects of the projects including reports, drawings, calculations.
- Working with other technical disciplines.
- Assisting with the preparation of bids and other departmental marketing operations.
- Keeping up-to-date with current methods and the latest research in transport planning.
- Ensuring that due attention is paid to all aspects of the Project Management System (PMS) in accordance with the Practice's procedures.
- These are in addition to working towards professional qualifications and undertaking training.
Appropriate academic and professional qualifications (Degree qualified in a relevant discipline).
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be a positive and enthusiastic team player.
- Experience in strategic modelling and economic appraisal of at least 2-4 years.
- Experience / knowledge of transport modelling software packages SATURN, DIADEM, TUBA, COBALT, QUADRO.
- A post-graduate qualification in a transport related subject.
- Knowledge and experience of GIS.
- Understanding of core WebTAG guidelines.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact David Ward at Allen & York Ltd on 01202 888986.