We are engaged with an award-winning national transport and shipping company. Due to business growth they are seeking to appoint a Transport Planner to join the site based in the Flintshire area.
The role will report into the Planning Manager as well as other Senior Management. You will be responsible for the day to day planning and coordination of the road fleet, working closely with colleagues and liaising directly with customers.
Shift work - varying from 06.00 - 15.00 or 10.00 - 19.00.
- Vehicle and trailer planning maximising usage and turnaround whilst being cost effective
- Liaising directly with customers and on site personnel in advance of deliveries, in order to ensure that all consignments are made safely, efficiently and potential problems are identified and eliminated
- Communicating daily working activities to Senior Management Team and drivers, explaining deadlines and all other relevant information in a timely manner
- Undertaking booking-in activities
- Communicating delivery amendments to colleagues
- Undertaking administration tasks associated with the delivery paperwork
- Ensuring performed duties comply with legal requirements and company policies
- Ensuring all health and safety requirements are taken into account to ensure that each consignment is completed within the industry guidelines
- Evaluating the benefits and costs of different strategies
- Ensuring performance related targets are met, including fleet performance, trailer performance and customer KPI's
- Background within transport planning
- IT literate
- Ability to prioritise and multitask different projects at one time in a fast paced environment
- Professional and friendly manner towards both customers and colleagues
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Versatility and ability to work under own initiative, and as a team using negotiating and reasoning skills
- Excellent geographical knowledge of the UK
- A Transport Management CPC is highly desirable.