This post is based in their Manchester office and would be ideal for someone with a range of transport planning experience particular in support local highway authorities.
The requirement is for a Transport Planner to assist with a varied workload of transport studies dealing with transport strategy, highway scheme appraisal, development and master planning and sustainable transport. You should have experience of working on similar projects. Skills and experience in strategic and junction modelling would be advantageous but not essential.
You will be expected to contribute to the technical developments of scheme appraisals and forecasting studies and the assessment of scheme impacts, including environmental, operational and economic appraisals.
You will be expected to support the project manager in the delivery of projects.
You will have commitment to on-going personal development and the development of others, providing the benefit of your significant experience and understanding of the transport planning profession.
Consideration would be given to applications from less experienced candidates that can demonstrate the potential develop quickly. Candidates with experience and skills appropriate for a Senior Transport Planner-level may be considered for a higher grade role.
Role Specific Responsibilities:
• Deliver to agreed personal targets.
• Deliver technical inputs to required quality, cost and time.
• Prepare high quality technical notes.
• Keep up to date with developments in areas of professional expertise.
• Actively contribute towards other duties across the Business Unit e.g.: health & safety, quality, training, Client feedback etc.
• Engage with more senior members of staff to confirm scope of work, timescales and budget expectations. Identify potential for change to agreed delivery outcomes.
• Resolve problems or issues to support the delivery of projects or design objectives, ensuring that deliverables conform with the project manager’s requirements.
• Maintain effective working relationships with team members and clients.
ABOUT YOUWe are seeking individuals who understand our values and express commitment to them.
We want our staff to strive continuously to innovate in how they perform and work with our clients and to deliver excellence.
This a permanent role with excellent career prospects for an enthusiastic and energetic person.
• Numerate first degree in Transport, Mathematics, Geography, Civil Engineering, or a related subject (essential).
• MSc in Transport Planning (desirable). • Should have commenced on path to Chartered Professional (CEng, TPP or CMILT) status (desirable)
Knowledge & Experience
• Experience of successfully delivering a range of transport planning projects, potentially including transport studies and strategies, scheme development and business cases, sustainable travel and travel plans, public transport, parking and travel plans (essential).
• Knowledge and experience of strategic and junction modelling (desirable)
• You should have awareness and knowledge of UK standards, specifications and transport planning solutions (essential)
• You should be proficient in Word and Excel (essential).
• Experience of working with public and private sector clients would be advantageous (desirable)
• You should have a proven ability of working within a team environment (essential)
• You should be highly numerate with strong problem solving skills (essential)
• You should have a proven capability to communicate clearly (essential)
• You should have the ability to work under minimum supervision (essential)
• Experience of working within company project management system, safety health and environmental systems and processes would be advantageous (desirable)