|Job Title:||Transport Planner Highways|
|Salary:||£25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sarah Kerr|
|Job Published:||10 months ago|
Transport Planner Highways
We are pleased to be partnering with a leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm who have an enviable reputation in the delivery of some of the UK's and indeed the world's most prestigious and challenging projects within their successful and growing Transport Planning Team as they continue to strengthen their offering throughout the UK.
The Transport Planning team is involved in some of the UK's most high profile, complex and stimulating projects that are diverse and technically demanding. They have an enviable reputation in the delivery of some of the UK's and indeed the world's most prestigious and challenging projects. Their current client portfolio includes Transport for Scotland, the Highways Agency, Transport for London, Borough Councils, Civil Engineering Contractors and International Governments, for whom they undertake the planning, design and supervision of civil engineering and transport solutions to exceed client's requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities of Transport Planner:
Reporting to the Senior Transport Planner, you will provide technical support into assigned projects ensuring successful delivery of technically challenging Transport Planning schemes.
As our client operates in such a diverse marketplace, we can safely say that you will gain an experience of working on a wide and varied portfolio of projects which will enhance your skills and test your technical knowledge.
You will work in collaboration with other disciplines and could well have the opportunity to work on overseas projects, research projects and innovative, technically challenging work.
You will be offered personal development opportunities which will allow you to progress your career and offer you the opportunity to be mentored by industry wide recognised Technical Leaders in their field who will lend you their experience and ensure that the training you receive will give you the best possible chance of success
Responsibilities of the role of Transport Planner;
- Assisting with analyses relating to transport planning projects including database, spread sheet and proprietary modelling coding and interrogation
- Preparation of technical reports and presentations relating to the project as required in line with company and client requirements as well as national standards and codes of practice
- Participating in the resolution of technical issues
- Presenting information in a clear, accurate and professional format as required for the production of quality GIS outputs.
- Contributing to the Professional Excellence Group (PEG)
- Presenting lessons learned and best practice to peers and wider professional audience
- Becoming familiar with, and compliant with, relevant H & S regulations and to promote a culture of awareness within the team
Requirements for the role of Transport Planner:
We are seeking to locate a career minded Transport Planning Engineer who has gained solid work experience in Transport Planning. To be considered for a role we are seeking candidates with the following credentials:
- Chartered Engineer (ICE or CIHT) or working towards
- Ideally you will hold a MEng / MSc in Transport Planning/Transportation
- A First degree in Civil engineering, although consideration will be given to applicants with a BEng/BSc in an Engineering discipline of Mathematics or Physics
- Application of core transport disciplines e.g. demand modelling, matrix estimation, network design and traffic optimization
- Working knowledge of key transport software Vissim, Visum and LINSIG or their alternatives Aimsun, Paramics, SATURN, Sidra or TRANSYT
- A team player, with ability to work with minimum supervision, able to deliver to tight deadlines
- Excellent Communication skills with the ability to write technical reports in Standard English
- Excellent knowledge of Excel or C++ or VBA
Interested Get in touch;
If the role of Senior Transport Planner is of interest to you, please get in touch straight away to discuss in more detail;
Sarah Kerr Planning & Built Environment Team Leader
01202 888 986
We recruit across all Town Planning, Surveying, Architecture and Design markets throughout the UK and Ireland. If this opportunity does not tick every box, I am confident our team is working on something that does - give us a call today to discuss all of your options.