As the successful applicant you will undertake transport planning tasks and report to the Project Manager when necessary, always abiding by the company rules and regulations.
Responsibilities & Scope of Role:
- Be prepared to work in a team or as an individual.
- Supervise work of Graduate Transport Planners.
- Undertake technical transport planning tasks as instructed to a high standard and accurately.
- Assist with project management tasks.
- Maintain project liaison with clients' junior staff and others including attendance at meetings.
- Undertake site visits, organise surveys and collect data.
- Prepare draft reports.
- Can interpret design standards (e.g. DMRB, MfS, etc.).
- Accurately record time daily.
- Carry out any other duties commensurate with the post as requested by line manager or Director.
- Be aware of the Company's policies and fulfil responsibilities towards them.
- Pursue and maintain continuing professional development of knowledge, skills and competence necessary for the effective performance of the role.
Key Skills & Qualifications:
- Be competent in use of standard transport modelling software (e.g. ARCADY, PICADY, TRANSYT and LINSIG).
- Able to use transport planning databases (e.g. TRICS, TRAVL, Census).
- Working towards competency in use of advanced transport modelling software (e.g. PARAMICS, SATURN etc.).
- Able to use Microsoft Office programs (e.g. Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Understand basic highway design (geometry, visibility, capacity, etc.).
- Implement Company QMS and office procedures.
- Knowledge of CDM and SHE procedures.
- Obtain CSCS Visitor Card.
- Communicate and liaise verbally and in writing with the public and relevant staff.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Mark Maultby at Allen & York Ltd on 01202 888986.