|Job Title:||Transport Planner / Engineer|
|Salary:||£25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sarah Kerr|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Transport Planner / Engineer
We are pleased to be partnering with a leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm who have an enviable reputation in the delivery of some of the UK's and indeed the world's most prestigious and challenging projects within their successful and growing Transport Planning Team as they continue to strengthen their offering throughout the UK.
The Transport Planning team is involved in some of the UK's most high profile, complex and stimulating projects that are diverse and technically demanding. Our client has an enviable reputation in the delivery of some of the UK's and indeed the world's most prestigious and challenging projects. Their current client portfolio includes Transport for Scotland, the Highways Agency, Transport for London, Borough Councils, Civil Engineering Contractors and International Governments.
This team is presently engaged in delivering high profile UK projects such as the M25 Improvement Schemes. It is also currently working on high profile overseas projects, such as a high profile Tolling scheme in Australia and one of the biggest civil engineering projects in the Middle East.
Duties & Responsibilities of Transport Planner:
Reporting to the Senior Transport Planner / Director, you will provide technical support into assigned projects under professional supervision for the successful delivery of technically challenging Transport Planning schemes.
As our client operates in such a diverse marketplace, we can safely say that you will gain an experience of working on a wide and varied portfolio of projects which will enhance your skills and test your technical knowledge.
You will work in collaboration with other disciplines and acquire the knowledge and practical skills through on-the-job learning to develop industry knowledge though affiliations and continuing education. Similarly, there could well be opportunities for you to work on overseas projects, research projects and innovative, technically challenging work.
Throughout your training and development, you will be mentored by industry wide recognised Technical Leaders in their field who will lend you their experience and ensure that the training you receive will give you the best possible chance of success.
Responsibilities of the role of Transport Planner;
- Assisting with analyses relating to transport planning projects including database, spread sheet and proprietary modelling coding and interrogation
- Assisting with the preparation of technical reports and presentations relating to the project as required in line with company and client requirements as well as national standards and codes of practice
- Participating in the resolution of technical issues
- Presenting information in a clear, accurate and professional format as required for the production of quality GIS outputs.
- Contributing to the Professional Excellence Group (PEG)
- Presenting lessons learned and best practice to peers and wider professional audience
- Gaining experience and proficiency in Arcadis systems and procedures
- Becoming familiar with, and compliant with, relevant H & S regulations and to promote a culture of awareness within the team
Requirements to be considered for Transport Planner:
We are striving to attract a career minded and technically advanced Transport Planner / Engineer to join the existing high calibre team. To be considered for a role we are seeking candidates with the following credentials:
- Ideally you will hold a MEng / MSc in Transport Planning/Transportation although consideration will be given to applicants with a BEng / BSc in Civil Engineering or equivalent with a Transport Planning related core subject.
- Good Maths and Physics A-level qualifications
- Technical ability in Transport Planning
- GIS and VBA knowledge coupled with good analytical skills
- Interest in gaining experience and skills in both technical and commercial areas
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Planning and organisation skills
- Personal effectiveness
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Good IT skills including Microsoft Office applications
Interested Get in touch;
If the role of Senior Transport Planner is of interest to you, please get in touch straight away to discuss in more detail;
Sarah Kerr Planning & Built Environment Team Leader
01202 888 986
We recruit across all Town Planning, Surveying, Architecture and Design markets throughout the UK and Ireland. If this opportunity does not tick every box, I am confident our team is working on something that does - give us a call today to discuss all of your options.