Transport Engineer / Senior Transport Engineer (Glasgow)
About the Role
Our client is rapidly expanding in Scotland and are seeking a career minded, driven Transport Planner / Engineer who has an appetite to get involved in a broad portfolio of studies. The business offers exciting growth prospects and is experiencing strong growth in their Glasgow office.
You will join and complement a team of consultants and technicians working on a variety of transport planning and engineering projects. As a Transport Planner / Senior Transport Planner you will be involved in contributing to the delivery of a wide range of strategic transport projects for various high profile private and public sector clients across the UK.
The post is ideally suited to an experienced graduate or Transport Planner with some experience and a good rounded appreciation of policy, engineering design and development planning.
You should have an appropriate academic background such as a BSc / BEng / MSc in Civil Engineering, Mathematics, Geography, Economics or a similar discipline with experience in Transport Planning or a related field.
We will also expect you to have the following qualities:
- Drive to succeed and a willingness to get involved;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Working independently and innovatively, solving problems in an effective manner;
- An ability to produce clear, precise and coherent analysis and reports using appropriate transport appraisal techniques; and
- An ability to work as part of a skilled multi-disciplinary team.
We would also like you to have some or all of the following;
- A good range of experience of local Transport Planning and Transport Engineering work such as active travel network design, travel plans, Transport Assessment, network management, data collection, business case development or similar.
- An interest in developing Project Management Skills is welcomed.
Membership of an appropriate professional institution such as the ICE, IHT or CILT is advantageous.