Transport Planning Technician - West Midlands or London
£25,000 - 35,000 (including benefits)
Top 10 multi-disciplinary company is currently recruiting for a Transport Planning Technician to join their Planning team in the West Midlands
This position offers an excellent opportunity for someone to join a thriving transportation team. You will provide high quality project support for key private and public sector clients such as The Crown Estate, Defence Infrastructure Organisation, Homes and Communities Agency, RWE NPower, E. ON, Severn Trent and a wide range of Local Authorities and private developers.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop professionally as an individual via the continued growth of the business over the next few years.
This position can be based in either the West Midlands or London.
- You will support the Transport Planning team by preparing technical drawings, designs and documents using specialist software in line with approved design procedures. Knowledge of relevant software will enable identification of technical solutions to satisfy the client's needs.
- You will be working with and supporting a Senior Technician, gaining experience at the national, regional and local level, often as part of large multi-disciplinary project teams covering everything from site appraisal and strategic land promotion through to support to masterplanning, planning applications, S106 and 278 Agreements and planning appeals.
- You will have the opportunity to widen you experience in general transport planning as part of career development.
- HNC, EngTech or other equivalent qualification in Civil Engineering
- Experience or capability of preliminary highway design and use of AutoCAD
- Experience and knowledge of highway standards (Design Manual for Roads and Bridges).
Interested? Get in touch!
01202 888986 ext. 243