|Job Title:||Turbine Commissioning Engineer|
|Salary:||£30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Holly Maslin|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Assistant / Commissioning Engineer
Allen & York are currently representing a client that has been at the forefront of engineering innovation for over 160 years; with a proud history of manufacturing they are world renowned for their research, development, manufacture and lifetime support.
This is an exciting time to join as they have recently secured the biggest contract in their own personal history. Their expertise are constantly evolving and you will be part of a business that keeps growing.
Responsibilities of Commissioning Engineer
- Travel to customer sites globally to commission single or multi Turbine installations, fixing any technical problems and maintaining commercial position onsite.
- Stringently cold test electrical, Mechanical, hydraulic, Pneumatic and PLC controlled systems.
- Load software to the PLC and fully test including following the correct process for modifications.
- Implement any design changes or modifications be it mechanically, electrically or software related.
- Function check MCC's, AC/DC Motors, instrumentation, pumps, actuators, solenoids and valves.
- Function test F&G systems and prove to set cause and effect diagrams.
- Dynamic testing of the Turbine systems.
- Starting and performance running checks including DLE mapping and emission checks.
- Work with Customer and third parties to complete all commissioning activities on the turbine and driven unit and hand over to operations.
- You will make sure the product is to specification and that the client is happy.
- Complete relevant documentation including site reports, daily reports and other relevant documentation.
Experience & Skills
- You will need to be a proven engineer, qualified to degree level or have equivalent experience, experienced with rotating equipment and have an understanding of the principles of gas turbine operation
- Fault finding skills on gas turbines, control systems, hydraulics, pneumatics and electrical systems
- Have the ability to comprehensively record, understand and interpret the performance curves of Small Gas Turbines
- As well as your technical qualifications, you will be a great communicator and influential, taking charge of teams in different countries
- Be able to work confidently on a variety of software control systems
- Have a good, in depth knowledge of rotating equipment.
- Experience in configuring/commissioning Siemens or Allen Bradley control systems.
- EHS knowledge and management of hazardous areas - complete risk assessments/method statements, safe lifting operations and slinging, COSHH and bottled gases, electrical hazards, working at heights and continuously drive and support the Zero Harm culture onsite
- Leadership & Management - lead and manage onsite resource and the customer to meet project requirements in line with company standards
We look forward to receiving your application.