|Job Title:||Turbine Engineer - Offshore Wind|
|Salary:||£30000.00 - £50000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Tom Wolsey|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Our client is a leading Renewable Energy company who offer integrated services to the Offshore Wind sector.
They are currently looking to recruit a Turbine Engineer to join their expanding team.
- Based within a project team environment, assisting the project development team with regards to offshore turbine selection for consenting design
- Preparing ITTs and assessing manufacturers' proposals in terms of scope of services offered and evidence of reliable technical compliance
- Preparing contract technical specifications
- Coordinating the collation of technical documentation for turbine supply contracts
- Liaising with turbine manufacturers to obtain information required by in-house and external designers and independent verification bodies.
- Administering the technical elements of secured contracts through the manufacturing and construction phases
- Administering technical queries during the detailed design and construction phases
- Performing visits to manufacturing facilities and construction sites for inspection, test and progress meetings
- Coordinating expert consultants as required
- Coordination of Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental aspects through the manufacturing and construction phases
- Working with other parts of the project team to ensure clarity and efficiency of interfaces (foundations, electrical system design, SCADA, wind farm control system, operation and maintenance, consents compliance, etc.)
- Supporting the operation and maintenance team through analysis of turbine operation data, availability, production statistics and fault codes
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of offshore wind turbine contract development and management.
- Knowledge of wind turbines for the offshore sector.
- Knowledge of the health and safety standards required for site working.
- Knowledge of marine construction and / or commissioning methodologies
- Good skills to technically evaluate potentially complex machinery or equipment
- Good communication skills including report writing (in English), presentation and the ability to communicate effectively with contractors and consultants
- The ability to manage own workload and meet demanding timescales on a number of potentially simultaneous projects
- The ability to work as a member of a team and to react positively to the varying challenges of construction projects
- Ability to use Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Problem Solving Skills.
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience of offshore wind turbines contract development and management.
- Experience with wind turbines for the offshore sector.
- Experience of managing contracts and contractors.
- Relevant technical experience.
- Experience of site working.
- Experience of working within a manufacturing environment.
- A degree in a suitable technical discipline (preferably electrical, but also mechanical or an equivalent).