Our client is looking for a UK Media Relations Manager for their busy Communications team, which is responsible for protecting and promoting our external reputation in the UK.
Their Press Office leads on all UK media relations and is also responsible for the their website and UK social media.
Communications is part of their Group functions which cover Group Support, Group Finance & Services and Group IT. In Group Support, they focus our efforts on supporting the entire business and ensuring that the company works as a professional, reliable and responsible company.
This position will work closely with the other UK Media Relations Manager in the team and will report to the Head of UK Media Relations and the Head of Communications.
- Research and produce proactive and authoritative press releases, briefings, articles and other materials as required to support business activities
- Plan and deliver reactive media materials and responses when operations attract enquiries
- Build our relationships with journalists and media outlets at a national, trade and regional media level
- Develop new and creative content to expand media coverage of operational sites in the UK
- Provide trusted communications counsel to the UK senior management and project teams, helping them to maximise positive media coverage.
- Are educated to degree level or equivalent within a relevant discipline
- Have experience working in a press office, a corporate communications team or an agency
- Possess first class writing skills, and the ability to produce high quality press and communications materials at pace and to translate technical analysis into plain English
- have a proven track record with tailoring communications materials for delivery through a range of print, online and social media channels
- be excellent at building internal and external relationships.