Allen & York have been engaged by a leading agricultural supply comapny who are seeking to appoint an experienced Health & Safety Officer.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilitie
- To ensure the company is compliant with their health and safety policies and procedures
- To improve operational efficiencies based on health and safety legislation and best practice
- Managing the work required by the UK Head of Safety and Operations relating to policy & strategic objectives
- Agree & set suitable objectives for the Safety team, monitoring performance both individually & on a team basis
- Provide the UK Head of Safety and Operations with a quarterly report on performance to the objectives, H&S management plan & overall effectiveness of policy & arrangements
- Ensure H&S is given consideration in all future business decisions
- Ensure all staff have the required training & competence to enable them to fulfil their roles and responsibilities
- Provide specialist expertise in interpreting & applying H&S law to the HS policy, its supporting arrangements & management plan.
- To meet with UK Head of Safety and Operations regularly in order to review the effectiveness of the Policy and overall Health & Safety performance to objectives.
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- GradIOSH or CMIOSH.
- DGSA qualified or a background in Dangerous Goods
- minimum of 3 years in a Warehouse/Distribution environment
- Full Driving Licence and ability to travel regularly nationally
If this sounds of interest then please contact Jen on 01202 888986 ext 219 or apply and I will contact you directly.