Due to rapid expansion, my client, a leading global advisory, are looking to source a high-quality Associate to join their Power and Utilities business with a particular focus on Water and Energy networks. This will be a London based position.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Contributing to the delivery of specific engagements on a day to day basis.
- Supporting pitching for new business with ideas.
- Developing market intelligence and sector knowledge.
- Contributing to specific business development initiatives, particularly proposals and pitches.
- Building and maintaining relationships with clients and target clients and key market constituents to support personal effectiveness sand business development opportunities.
- Contributing to delivery of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Specifying, producing and evaluating financial models.
- developing a good working understanding of compliance procedures.
- Contributing to the effective planning, delivery and closure of projects.
- Maintaining a good understanding of the regulatory frameworks and financial implications in the water and energy sectors.
- Any other duties commensurate with the role.
The ideal candidate would:
- Have experience in the utilities sector, water and energy networks sectors in particular, preferably in the industry or as a consultant specialising in these sectors.
- Have some knowledge of finances and financial structures of utilities companies.
- Have understanding of current UK regulatory regimes as well as their application, including regulatory mechanics.
- Understand operations of the wider utilities sector, its structure, composition, stakeholders and relevant policy debates.
- Bring excellent report writing, Excel and Powerpoint skills-strong writing and quantitative skills are a must.
- Have some experience in the application of financial analysis and regulatory economics.
- Knowledge of the UK regulatory accounting practice in the utilities sectors would be a plus.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of economic and financial theory.
- Provide well-thought out solutions to typical financial or economic problems in this industry.
- Appreciate the chance to work on a wide range of projects and proposals simultaneously to demanding timetables.
- Knowledge and experience of other regulatory regimes would be a bonus as would language skills.
- Familiarity with Bloomberg, Eikon or other financial databases would also be a positive.
5 GCSEs/O levels including Maths, and English Degree in Economics, Finance, Mathematics or similar; All UK staff who have not passed a Financial Services Authority (FSA) approved exam will be required to do so.