Utilities Consultant - West Midlands
Our client are looking for a Utilities Consultant for their offices in the West Midlands to join rapidly expanding business across the UK.
They are looking to appoint the Utilities Consultant to offer invaluable planning support during the delivery of development le project work.
The successful candidate should have a sound knowledge of the utilities market and experience in liaising and negotiating with utility providers in order to resolve design issues throughout the planning process.
You will be working alongside a multi discipline team of geoenvironmental, archaelogical, engineering and environmental specialists during an exciting period of regional growth.
- Obtaining and reviewing current utility infrastructure plans and undertaking impact analysis for new developments.
- Identifying and reviewing Utility Company Long Term Development Plans which may impact on proposed development infrastructure requirements.
- Investigating the need for diversions and provide possible budgetary costs for new developments
- Entering into discussions with relevant Utility Companies with view to agreeing the principles to be adopted for their infrastructure diversion and connections for client projects.
- Investigating and probiding budgetary cost associated with new utility connections
- Preparing composite services drawing
- Preparing Utility Assessment reports on these findings.
- Utilising you problem solving skill to come up with innovative design solutions for the client
- Provision of professional advice and support across the rest of the business.
- A relevant degree in an environment/engineering related subject
- Chartered membership of a relevant professional institution
- A track record of working within the consultancy field. Project management experience desirable
- A good understanding of the utilities market and experience of providing resolutions to design issues associated with development projects
- A understanding of the level of utility information needed at different stages of land development - from due diligence and site allocation through to gaining planning consent and advising on utility requirement for site enabling works.
For more information contact Thomas Bullen 01202 888 986
We look forward to receiving your application.